Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-29-2008, 07:13 AM   #37
CB900F2

Drives: 08 Sedan
b_hickman11 or anyone else with OEM CC, when you turn your ignition key to the point just before engaging the starter and the dash symbols light up, does your “Cruse” indicator also light up as part of the dash display test?

Thanks guys.
CB900F2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 03:25 PM   #38
CB900F2

Angry

Hey guys... My dream of installing OEM CC on my 08 CND Sedan Yaris might have come to an end...

I used my camera with the flash too see if I can see the dash "CRUISE" indicator that should be near the right turn signal, and I can not see the outline of the "CRUISE" indicator...

For you 08 Sedan PowerPackage owners, when you turn on your CC, is the dash indicator close to the right hand turn signal?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3068295821_875e0187f7.jpg (132.5 KB, 345 views)
Old 11-29-2008, 08:50 PM   #39
b_hickman11

You are only going to find the "cruise" symbol on the Yaris's with the power package. On the non-power packagae Yaris, the cruise indicator is on the steering wheel control.

If you are wanting to get the OEM cruise from the power package added you are also going to have to buy a new gauge cluster that has the tach on it.
b_hickman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 09:44 PM   #40
Revsson

Drives: 2009 Meteorite Metallic LB MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by CB900F2 View Post
Hey guys... My dream of installing OEM CC on my 08 CND Sedan Yaris might have come to an end...

I used my camera with the flash too see if I can see the dash "CRUISE" indicator that should be near the right turn signal, and I can not see the outline of the "CRUISE" indicator...

For you 08 Sedan PowerPackage owners, when you turn on your CC, is the dash indicator close to the right hand turn signal?
Does your Canadian Yaris come with a tachometer?
Looking at the 2007 Factory Service Manual, it shows the cruise light
in a different spot on the I/P if you don't have the tachometer.
Take a look at page 15 of the Cruise Control pdf:

http://www.etimago.com/yaris/repairm...%20Control.pdf

That being said, I have a 2009 LB with Power Pkg and CC, but no tach.
My indicator is in the upper right, like the pdf shows for the tach model.
Maybe the 2009 service manual would show something different.
Revsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 10:14 PM   #41
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revsson View Post

My 09 LB has power, no CC, no Tach. With the camera method, I see two CC lights - SET, and one that looks like a speedometer.
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 08:20 AM   #42
CB900F2

Yes..
My 08 Sedan with the power package has the tach in the dash..

DAM!... I thought I had all the planets aligned up!... (Wiring, ECU, Part#s for the OEM CC parts)..... I would have thought (assumed!), that Toyota would have used the same dash for both cars that have the OEM CC installed or not (with the tach of course)… DAM!...

Anyone outside of N.A that has a 08 Sedan with the tach, but no OEM CC installed, can you take a picture of your dash too see if you have the CC indicator in your dash?... It is preferred if you have a metric dash (KM)

DAM, DOUBLE DAM!!!

P.S.. Can someone with a 08 US Sedan (w/tach) take the same picture… I would like to see how well does the CC indicator shows up.

Quote:

Old 11-30-2008, 10:45 AM   #43
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB900F2 View Post
Yes..
My 08 Sedan with the power package has the tach in the dash..

DAM!... I thought I had all the planets aligned up!... (Wiring, ECU, Part#s for the OEM CC parts)..... I would have thought (assumed!), that Toyota would have used the same dash for both cars that have the OEM CC installed or not (with the tach of course)… DAM!...

Anyone outside of N.A that has a 08 Sedan with the tach, but no OEM CC installed, can you take a picture of your dash too see if you have the CC indicator in your dash?... It is preferred if you have a metric dash (KM)

DAM, DOUBLE DAM!!!

P.S.. Can someone with a 08 US Sedan (w/tach) take the same picture… I would like to see how well does the CC indicator shows up.

Wow, looking at the EPC, there are quite a few iterations (12+) of the 08 sedan combo meter:

None mention cruise, but the following have tach:
83800-52W10
83800-52F21
83800-52S60
83800-52S70
83800-52S40
83800-52S50
83800-52E81
Old 12-06-2008, 03:19 AM   #44
Revsson

Drives: 2009 Meteorite Metallic LB MT
I should try and take some pics, but my 2009 Cruise light and Set light are above the
fuel indicator not near the turn signal. This is different that where it is shown on the
EWD for the 2007.
Revsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 07:39 AM   #45
CB900F2

If you can take the photos that would be great...

Scott did post a 2009 EWD, and it does have a slightly different setup for the CC, it is the active light "Cruise" and the "SET" light when it being used

P.S.. Anyone with a 08 that has the OEM CC, can you post a photo of your dash also?

thanks guys..

Quote:
I should try and take some pics, but my 2009 Cruise light and Set light are above the
fuel indicator not near the turn signal. This is different that where it is shown on the
EWD for the 2007.
Old 11-14-2009, 09:05 PM   #46
dono187
I've made a post!

Drives: 2008 Yaris
Have an 08 hatchback just tried installing cruise

For reference, I am definitely a noob, and have browsed through some of these threads.
Anyways... That all being said, I have an 08 Yaris, without any options except automatic tranny. Just tried installing the OEM cc on the wheel. The install worked great, and was actually quite easy, except that: the Cruise don't work. All I did was pop out the airbag, pop a hole in the plastic behind the steering wheel, stick in the OEM Toyota CC, and put it all back together. That all worked well, but the cruise doesn't kick in. Am wondering if there's something in the ECU I have to do to make it recognize the cc? I did check, and I do not have the cruise light on the dash, because as I mentioned, mine is the very bare bines one.

Thoughts?

FYI, I paid $110, for the OEM toyota cruise stalk and the wirnign harness from Metro Toyota ( cleveland, I think) If anyone is looking for the same, would be happy to post the link to their site. They were very good, and helped me out with the couple questions I had.

Anyways, any advice anyone can spot would be appreciated. Thanks.

D
dono187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 09:34 PM   #47
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by dono187 View Post
For reference, I am definitely a noob, and have browsed through some of these threads.
Anyways... That all being said, I have an 08 Yaris, without any options except automatic tranny. Just tried installing the OEM cc on the wheel. The install worked great, and was actually quite easy, except that: the Cruise don't work. All I did was pop out the airbag, pop a hole in the plastic behind the steering wheel, stick in the OEM Toyota CC, and put it all back together. That all worked well, but the cruise doesn't kick in. Am wondering if there's something in the ECU I have to do to make it recognize the cc? I did check, and I do not have the cruise light on the dash, because as I mentioned, mine is the very bare bines one.

Thoughts?

FYI, I paid $110, for the OEM toyota cruise stalk and the wirnign harness from Metro Toyota ( cleveland, I think) If anyone is looking for the same, would be happy to post the link to their site. They were very good, and helped me out with the couple questions I had.

Anyways, any advice anyone can spot would be appreciated. Thanks.

D
2008 Yaris don't have the wiring from the ECM to the steering wheel, so you have to run a wire from pin 40 of the ECM connector A21 to the connector on the steering column where the spiral cable comes out. Take a look at the following post. Since you bought an OEM stalk, you can ignore the part about the switches are resistors.

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...ghlight=cruise
Old 06-17-2010, 06:29 PM   #48
Ysfael
I've made a post!

Drives: 2010 Yaris
2010 Yaris, Manual Trans base model. I was able to retrofit an OEM cruise. Took about an hour, but I do this for a living. Thought someone here might want to know.

BTW, pin 40 on th ECU had a connector in it even though the steering wheel connector didn't. Went ahead and hard wired like I would have otherwise.

Respect,
Ysfael
Ysfael is offline   Reply With Quote