Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-30-2011, 04:59 PM   #1
NinjaGo

Drives: 2007 Yaris HB
Musty AC--took car to dealership with TSB

Hi guys, I don't really post but I've lurked around here for years.

I went for my 5K silver service today because I just reached 25k recently on it so I thought id get the AC taken care of as well thinking that I was still covered under the 3 years/36K warranty. I failed to notice the "whichever comes first" part.

So, The guy at toyota told me I wasn't covered and he rarely ever sees the TSB performed anyway...(it sounded like he had never done it himself) then he said they'd do an "ac evap service" that will cost $159 and replace the cabin filter for $89. This on top of the silver service fee. I balked at first but he started talking bacteria and molds and he got me then..(I'm a little OCD)

I'm so mad at myself for not checking all these years to see if I really did have a cabin filter or not. I saw the filter diy's just now and I can't believe they are charging me 89!

I just got a call from him saying my car was ready to be picked up. I hope this really does fix the odor issue.

yea just wanted to share my woes with other yaris folk out there.

Nina
NinjaGo is offline   Reply With Quote