Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

View Poll Results: Leave it black?
Yes 16 61.54%
No, Looks bad 10 38.46%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-04-2009, 09:00 AM   #1
ruimond

Drives: Yaris YR
Black Lip Kit Opinions

What are your thoughts of a black lip kit on the fronts and sides? I was interested in buying another members front and side skirts, but still thinking about it. Only reason im asking is i'm not looking to spend more money respraying them.

Eventually it will come down to my decision, but wanted some input. I've seen a blue yaris with a custom black lip kit on here, but i couldn't seem to find it. If someone has done this please post your photo. :) Its kinda a weird idea, i guess not many people do it. Unless of course its carbon fibre.

I've photoshoped some with some eyelids and one with some projectors.

Black Lip / Black Projectors:

Black Lip / White Eyelids:

Mods: 17x7 ANZ Tazer Wheels with 215/40/17 Marangoni Tyres | AFE Air Intake System | NST Short Shifter Kit | NST Shifter Cable Bushing Kit | NST 10% Underdrive Crank Pulley | Pedders Sports Springs | Custom 2inch Cat-Back Walker Muffler with 2.5inch Xforce Twin Stainless Steel Tip | RS Side Skirts | RS Euro Spoiler | YRX Front Lip Spoiler | TRD Style Front Grill | 12mm Rear Hub Spacers | Ultra Racing 23mm Rear Sway Bar
ruimond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:03 AM   #2
Darb
Bear Traffic Controller

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Looks pretty neat to me, but how would the rear look without a lip/valence?
Darb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:08 AM   #3
ruimond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darb View Post
Looks pretty neat to me, but how would the rear look without a lip/valence?
Hrmm that's a good question, hahhaa. Never thought of that yet. He doesn't have a rear lip for sale. So not to sure.

Mods: 17x7 ANZ Tazer Wheels with 215/40/17 Marangoni Tyres | AFE Air Intake System | NST Short Shifter Kit | NST Shifter Cable Bushing Kit | NST 10% Underdrive Crank Pulley | Pedders Sports Springs | Custom 2inch Cat-Back Walker Muffler with 2.5inch Xforce Twin Stainless Steel Tip | RS Side Skirts | RS Euro Spoiler | YRX Front Lip Spoiler | TRD Style Front Grill | 12mm Rear Hub Spacers | Ultra Racing 23mm Rear Sway Bar
Old 03-04-2009, 09:44 AM   #4
custom Lftback

Drives: 2008 Toyota Yaris Liftback
Send a message via Yahoo to custom Lftback
if you are gonna do the black lip kit, then the black projectors look the best imo.
custom Lftback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:02 PM   #5
ruimond

I found the other member that has this concept on his car. Its a custom kit, but same style.

Old 03-04-2009, 09:53 PM   #6
Spades
The Hated One

Drives: 07 White Manual Sedan
i like black lip kits and sometimes full bumper/trim kits on white or red cars, but stripes are NEVER a good plan when going with a differant color of ground effects than the body...even if the lip kit is carbon fiber, the stripes will make it look out of place, and the kit and stripes will clash and the whole thing wont "flow" and will look like a unfinished ricer car. just my 2 cents.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:15 PM   #7
Crandall
H8R

Drives: 08 White RS
In my opinion it looks bad.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:22 PM   #8
ruimond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spades View Post
i like black lip kits and sometimes full bumper/trim kits on white or red cars, but stripes are NEVER a good plan when going with a differant color of ground effects than the body...even if the lip kit is carbon fiber, the stripes will make it look out of place, and the kit and stripes will clash and the whole thing wont "flow" and will look like a unfinished ricer car. just my 2 cents.
Hehe true, i guess it doesn't flow to well with the current stripes. Thanks for the input. :D

Old 03-04-2009, 10:43 PM   #9
frownonfun

Drives: 09 Yaris HB, 08 SR5 Tundra
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruimond View Post
I found the other member that has this concept on his car. Its a custom kit, but same style.

thats outstanding!

as far as my two cents... i'm with the person who said the racing stripes and black lip don't flow.
frownonfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 10:46 PM   #10
ruimond

If i didn't have my current stripes. Haha.

Old 03-04-2009, 10:47 PM   #11
Ryu

Drives: Copper Orange Mica Yaris
I think black lip kit will look very nice when there are other black accents to support it, ie. black wheel, tinted glass, black spoiler, halo head light or even some very clean design black vinyl work on the side of the car will compliment the car well.

I love how that blue yaris looks like, but to me your stripe doesn't work so well with the black lip and your wheel might not work that well compare to black wheel to finish off the black theme on your car.

IMO, black or carbon fibre kit can look so sexy if done right, othewise the matched color is easier to work with.
Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 10:53 PM   #12
frownonfun

Drives: 09 Yaris HB, 08 SR5 Tundra
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruimond View Post
If i didn't have my current stripes. Haha.

see i want to do something like that except i'd paint the hood, roof, and spoiler black. then it would look nice. maybe paint the side skirts white though so that just your rear and front lip are black.
frownonfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 11:02 PM   #13
jinxor

Drives: Yaris 3dr YRS
I would say it looks better without the stripes and if possible get a black hood as well
Then it would look the wicked ishtyle....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kustom play View Post
they look in and i tell them "come on man, its stock, its slow, look its ricy as fuck, look at the fur, im a ricer man"
jinxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 11:20 PM   #14
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

Drives: black sand lb
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_hrs View Post
That looks like the Seibon CF lip kit...

Cheers
Sort of, it's a custom job in PR. I was going to have a bunch made by the maker but he wanted all cash up front and would not deal with a few of us that were funding it
KCALB SIRAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 11:49 PM   #15
spookz
JDM yO!

Drives: '09 3dr. 5-spd
IMHO, the white eyelids don't stand out, because of the chrome in the stock headlights..
and try to lose the stripe vinyl on the side of your car too =)

Oh and get rear mudflaps.. ahah or the YRX pods... =P

spookz is offline   Reply With Quote