Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-04-2017, 03:57 PM   #1
Garth g.

Drives: 07 Yaris 2dr hatchback
Changed cluster have some questions?

Recently I took a bunch of parts from a 08 lift back at the junkyard. I swapped the cluster, the car I grabbed it out of has abs my car doesn't have abs so the light is on along with the brake light. I took the cluster apart thinking I could just twist the light out but it doesn't work like that. Anyone know how to get rid of it? Also anyone know how to get my original mileage on it?
Garth g. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 03:38 PM   #2
ACKING_QC
ManualTransmissionLearner

Drives: 2018 VW TSi Stage1
to get the original mileage... it is ..fairly simple . there's 2 ways 1 reprogramming the chip or 2 ... the easiest one IMO just de-solder the chip from the old speedometer and solder it to your new one.. tadaaaaa original mileage!
ACKING_QC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 12:44 PM   #3
Garth g.

Drives: 07 Yaris 2dr hatchback
I found a guy that can reprogram it, he comes to your house I might do it. My original cluster has no indication for the gear your in this other one does. It looks good I like when I reverse the backup camera hits the same time as the r indicator. I've never soldered anything before that seems to risky. Thanks for the reply.
Garth g. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 10:19 PM   #4
B.B._07

Drives: 07 5dr
There is a procedure to reset or turn off the ABS light by shorting a couple pins in the OBD2 port under the dash with a paper clip. In your case it may not work since you're car doesn't have abs and the dash might be programmed to turn the ABS light on by default if the signal is missing. But it's worth a shot.

This is the same procedure for the Yaris:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD1V6pv2ej0
B.B._07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 05:50 PM   #5
David C

Drives: White '07 3dr LB
Changed cluster have some questions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.B._07 View Post
There is a procedure to reset or turn off the ABS light by shorting a couple pins in the OBD2 port under the dash with a paper clip. In your case it may not work since you're car doesn't have abs and the dash might be programmed to turn the ABS light on by default if the signal is missing. But it's worth a shot.

This is the same procedure for the Yaris:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD1V6pv2ej0

How long has this fix been around ?? I have a '07 HB auto with ABS that the light is on due to a faulty sensor or whatever else problem that cause the ABS to disengage and it's annoying to have it on. So far it's the first time in a year that I've seen a way to reset that light without clearing and fixing the fault.

The two steps are to jump the pins and press the brake 8 times in 5 seconds then you can remove the jumper and its done ?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
David C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 07:54 PM   #6
B.B._07

Drives: 07 5dr
Quote:
Originally Posted by David C View Post
How long has this fix been around ?? I have a '07 HB auto with ABS that the light is on due to a faulty sensor or whatever else problem that cause the ABS to disengage and it's annoying to have it on. So far it's the first time in a year that I've seen a way to reset that light without clearing and fixing the fault.

The two steps are to jump the pins and press the brake 8 times in 5 seconds then you can remove the jumper and its done ?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
The procedure is from the factory service manual and has been used by Toyota since at least the early 00's. Here's the procedure:

1. Jump terminals 4 and 13 of the OBD2 port
2. Turn ignition to ON (not running)
3. Press brake pedal 8 or more times within 5 seconds
4. Remove jumper wire or paper clip
5. Turn off ignition

This will clear the light but if the fault is still present in the ABS system the light will come back on eventually. There's also a procedure to read the ABS fault codes which the same as the clearing one except without the brake pressing part. After you jump the terminals and turn the ignition to ON the ABS light will blink in a pattern to indicate the code(s).
B.B._07 is offline   Reply With Quote