Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-16-2006, 06:16 PM   #1
H8SGAS

Drives: Black Liftback
Embedded Flag Tint

5% on the hatch, rears and fly windows. Since it is illegal to do the fronts here and I got popped in the old Jeep I left them alone this time ($110 plus court fees and mandatory verified removal.) The flag is made of tint as well and is “embedded” into the tint. For the most part it is transparent, same principal as looking through red/blue tinted sunglasses. Yup every star is there too

Yaris (71b).jpg

Yaris (68b).jpg

Yaris (64).jpg

Yaris (63).jpg
Old 11-16-2006, 07:24 PM   #2
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
you do realize you car is 100% Japanese, correct?
Old 11-16-2006, 07:36 PM   #3
the_saint
50% borikén

Drives: 06 Mazda5, 90 240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Yaris
Maybe he's a little patriotic?

Garson - D.A.D. aero
Zuenglein Dolci wheels
the_saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 08:21 PM   #4
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Cool use of colored tint, I must admit!

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 10:24 PM   #5
H8SGAS

Quote:
What the fuck does that have to do with anything?

If it was on a F150 you wouldn't have said a word but based on your logic you would be implored to mock it too. Ohhh but wait a F150 is a Ford and Ford is domestic built right here in America.....in fact isn't it right next to the factory that makes every United States Flag in the nation

Yeah it is something called patriotism guess I had more of it when I drove a Jeep huh?

By your theory only the Camry could use the flag as a graphic next year in NASCAR.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:31 PM   #6
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Dang yo.... I am realy going to mess with you then..... A majority of F-150's are made in Mexico, so a Mexican flag would do...... Jeep is owned by Diamler-Chrysler, which is... what? a German company, that is is.... Funny you mention the Camry, because one of their largest plants is located in the United States..... also another tid bit of info, did you know there are more Honda Civics made in the US that F-150s :) eat that Patriotic boy
BTW I am unsure what you mean by this comment "By your theory only the Camry could use the flag as a graphic next year in NASCAR.", maybe it is because I am not WT enough to actually watch nascar
Old 11-16-2006, 10:52 PM   #7
H8SGAS

How did you not pick up on all sarcasm??? Why do you think I used the F150 a bread and butter American Truck!!!!!........Clearly I knew it was not built here! Nearly all of our flags are made outside of this country……… and no shit more civics are made here....... I chose the Camry cause it is also built here and the Jeep was a jab about being an iconic American car that is not built here....All this was to further prove the point that where the car is made has nothing to do with Patriotism.....and as far as NASCAR I don't watch it either but I was making the point that the Japanese car is the only one built here.

This all plays right into what I was saying......you had no reason to question why there is an American Flag on my Japanese built car......
Old 11-16-2006, 10:58 PM   #8
Black Yaris
der Zeck

to tell you the truth, I think it looks funny, it could could have been on a Taurus (which is for the most part an American car) for all I care, it still would have looked funny.... but to each their own

Sorry I live near Detroit, the UAW capitol of the world, and have a whole family of Union workers.... I still would never disgrace a Jap car with an American flag.... yup you herd me... saying it has something American on it would lower the value, and take away from the quality...
Old 11-17-2006, 12:11 AM   #9
BMGYaris

Drives: Yaris 3dr Hatchback
you guys are pretty crazy. It is a nice enough looking flag but im going to have to say off to the side and lower would have been nicer, or maybe just a little lower. But then again, maybe when your in a truck or suv looking down on it it will look just right. Good suggestion here though, shave your badges and add another thin layer of color, maybe someting to hint an ocean or a field? running on the bottom of your window so the flag wont seem out of place at all. I think it woudl be awesome though, an ocean fading into the distance with your flag above it.

Anyway, we are in a global market, globalization has enhanced all our lives and that requires exchange with other countries. Maybe if we can stop fighting over who made what car and stop insulting people for not understanding our sarcasm (however obvious it might have been) then there might be some hope for the bigger issues.
BMGYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 01:15 AM   #10
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Plus, the Yaris was for the most part designed in France, so you gotta add a French flag too (or at least a european one)

Oh, and there's certainly a lot of parts manufactured in China too, and quite possibly Thailand... that would make for one pretty busy back window!

But anyway, back to the original topic, I personally don't see anything wrong about a car owner putting his country's flag on his car, it's just patriotism! now if it said "proudly made in america" below the flag, that would be an entirely different story!

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 01:17 PM   #11
H8SGAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMGYaris
. im going to have to say off to the side and lower would have been nicer, or maybe just a little lower.
Yeah I agree 100% with it being lower, I would now prefer it in the center but I did not think it would be as transparent as it is. No complaints from me though, they did it exactly how I asked. Another sweet thing about it is the fact that it is guaranteed for life against fading, so nobody will be scowling at me for having a faded flag/sticker on my car!

As far as the above, it’s all good, settled off board apologies issued etc (<--not sarcasm)
Old 11-17-2006, 02:26 PM   #12
bigsky2
Cousin Vitz

Drives: Yaris RS 5DR / Vitz RS wannabe
Pirate flag would be better than any flag.

YARRRis.
Old 11-17-2006, 09:40 PM   #13
ECHOKnight2000
Small Car Lover

Drives: A Super Car
I see plenty of American flags on Japanese cars, like Avalons, Camry's, Sienna's etc. Sure they're made here but they are still made by a Japanese company, but the point is that people want to show their patriotism...ironic the flag was probably made in China
Old 11-17-2006, 10:10 PM   #14
jcove

Drives: 2011 Rogue
Quote:
Dang yo.... I am realy going to mess with you then..... A majority of F-150's are made in Mexico, so a Mexican flag would do...... Jeep is owned by Diamler-Chrysler, which is... what? a German company, that is is.... Funny you mention the Camry, because one of their largest plants is located in the United States..... also another tid bit of info, did you know there are more Honda Civics made in the US that F-150s :) eat that Patriotic boy
BTW I am unsure what you mean by this comment "By your theory only the Camry could use the flag as a graphic next year in NASCAR.", maybe it is because I am not WT enough to actually watch nascar
Actually Honda Civics are made in Canada, here in Ontario. LOL
jcove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 11:06 PM   #15
YarisPR

Drives: Yaris Sedan
I personally like flags on a mini-Cooper But that flag give his own touch. And yes debadge yournback end black looks great shaved
Old 11-18-2006, 09:54 PM   #16
spkrman
Banned

Drives: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo
now if it said "proudly made in america" below the flag, that would be an entirely different story!
LMAO
spkrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 01:08 PM   #17
Ayka

Drives: 07' Yaris HB | Blazin' Blue
Having seen this thing in person, the flag is impressively done. ^^
Ayka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 04:31 PM   #18
07WYarisRS
HardlyDangerous

Drives: 09 Yaris LE, H/B, auto
I think it looks pretty good.
I've seen them done with perferated vinyl many times but not tint !

On a side note.

A friend of mine had Japanese writing on his Sunbird GT rear window but that was rice and they tried to boot him out of the car club.
Even though it ahd a Japanese turbo under the hood, FMS, and intercooler

Funny how if it's an american flag or writing on an import.. it's Patriotic
However Asian flag or writing on a so called American car is rice...