Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-21-2023, 07:19 PM   #73
Neinris

Drives: 08 Yaris 3 Door Hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by sh0rtlife View Post
nah no track time but i do find myself up in the hill hooning HARD and the stock suspension is pushed to its limits, the kicker is i need something progressive rate and idealy an adjustable shock/strut so i can dial it in to my driving style...sure at the end of the day its not my alfa alfetta sprint gt or GTV6 but id like to get it dialed in further...funny enough im not looking to lower it in the slightest, specificaly because of those mountain roads some of the dips allready tap the chins on the ground...so losing clearance is NOT an option

gotta be able to "stick" the corners even if theres bumps n dips..
Are you still on stock suspension?
The Tein's lowering springs are progressive and the 1.9in drop makes a huge difference. I remember before I installed the lowering springs, I had a lot of body roll. Now I feel like on rails.
Before I got the Bilstein B8 struts, I thought about getting the Tein's Flex Z, but now, I'm content with my suspension. I think I'd just add rear sway bar, get B8 shocks for the rear, and maybe front tower bar.
Neinris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2023, 04:04 PM   #74
sh0rtlife

Drives: 2007 5dr canadian import
cant lower.....roads wont allow it ..chins allready take hits as it is and im not talkin about just driveways but actual dips in the back roads
sh0rtlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2023, 03:17 AM   #75
Compeer

Drives: NCP90 TRD Yaris Manual
Quote:
cant lower.....roads wont allow it ..chins allready take hits as it is and im not talkin about just driveways but actual dips in the back roads
I am back using the TRS sportivo suspension currently, thats pretty close to stock height and rides nice, the springs could work good for you and are still around, little stiffer and tiny bit lower? I guess tho you have snow to deal with.
Compeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2023, 02:23 AM   #76
sh0rtlife

Drives: 2007 5dr canadian import
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compeer View Post
I am back using the TRS sportivo suspension currently, thats pretty close to stock height and rides nice, the springs could work good for you and are still around, little stiffer and tiny bit lower? I guess tho you have snow to deal with.
eh snows not the issue to be honest..and the snow tires are as tall as i can fit

its the roads i go burn up that are the issue....the super fun twistys have alot of odd dips n such, but were talkin twisty mountain roads that run like a rollercoaster...so youll hit hard dips and the chins will scrape....im at stock hight ..stiffer springs would help a little..so a tiny drop with some stiff would be fine
sh0rtlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2023, 08:11 AM   #77
Compeer

Drives: NCP90 TRD Yaris Manual
Quote:
eh snows not the issue to be honest..and the snow tires are as tall as i can fit

its the roads i go burn up that are the issue....the super fun twistys have alot of odd dips n such, but were talkin twisty mountain roads that run like a rollercoaster...so youll hit hard dips and the chins will scrape....im at stock hight ..stiffer springs would help a little..so a tiny drop with some stiff would be fine
I see the springs come up for sale quite a bit here
Compeer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brakes, ncp90, trd yaris, upgrade, vitz rs