Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-15-2009, 05:33 AM   #1
FEINT

Drives: Vitz RS 1.5
DIY : How to remove door panels

This is my contribution to Yarisworld. THis is what I am cataloging as I am going along with my yaris build. I am hoping it might help somebody.

This is done on a liftback 2009 Vitz RS.

Starting on the left hand door.

Remove the armrest piece. It just pops upwards.

This is just another illustration of the same piece that should pop up. On the other end of the door, use a small screwdriver to pop open a cover as shown in the photo.

This is what it will look like after taking off the piece.

Proceed to remove the power window switch panel and the other panel illustrated in the photo. These should both pop up as well. No tools required, just use your hands.

Remove the connector for the power window switch by pressing the tab and pulling.

This is what it looks like after removal of the above 2 pieces.

+ screwdriver required. Remove the 4 screws as shown in the photo.

To remove the door card, I pulled anywhere along the bottom of the door. It will come apart as shown.

It might require quite a yank to get it to come off. After it has seperated from the door, push the door card UPWARDS, it should come free after that.

Remove the door / lock wires from the latch.

These are where all the little grommets are located in order for you to re-attach them to the door card for installation. ***There is one more behind the hand.***.

I hope this help. :)
FEINT is offline   Reply With Quote