Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Yaris TS Talk
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-16-2010, 01:50 AM   #1
aucorium
AKA Samurai Racer

Drives: Yaris 2006
Send a message via MSN to aucorium
))) TS power feeling little less ?? (((

my car felt like it was pulling really hard , it still does it seems , although i do alot of rush hour traffic driving , i do hammer it when there isnt traffic , but somehow the car seems to have not as much punch, now im not sure if it is just my imagination , i mean if i floor first and grab at 2nd , she still spins into second , so im not sure if its in my mind or what. i have an exhaust on the car , well , 57mm from the middle resonator to the back with a megan racing rear muffler.

i did hit the rpm limiter by accident 2 nights ago , but i dont think that can cause any damage , i mean that why the limiter is there right ?

is there anything else that could be wrong ? or is it the ECU messing me around ?
www.jdmtuner.co.za
aucorium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 10:18 AM   #2
StreetVibeTS
StreetVibeTS

Drives: yaris 1.8 ts
how much more power did the exhaust system give you? i hit the redline every so often havent had any problem. however, in the past year with the car i have noticed that the temperatur outside affects the cars performance, so keep that in mind.
StreetVibeTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 12:13 PM   #3
aucorium
AKA Samurai Racer

Drives: Yaris 2006
Send a message via MSN to aucorium
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetVibeTS View Post
how much more power did the exhaust system give you? i hit the redline every so often havent had any problem. however, in the past year with the car i have noticed that the temperatur outside affects the cars performance, so keep that in mind.

hey buddy !!

another south african TS owner , im loving it !!

im not sure how much power i got , i wanna put it on a dyno , but low dow torque is ALOT better , im thinking about close to 180nm , and i think i gained about 2 or 3 kw , but not sure until i dyno

i can run vtec's , fiesta's , polo GTi's, and even run with runx RSi's , so it goes really well , 57mm seems to be the right size for the TS
aucorium is offline   Reply With Quote