Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-13-2014, 02:07 AM   #1
bairjo

Squeaky Brake peddle

Well I have a squeaky brake peddle when I let up on it. What is interesting as I had the same thing happen when I had my 08 Yaris but did nothing about it. So before I start crawling around down there and spraying WD40 all over everything, has anyone else had this and what worked to get rid of it?
bairjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 07:33 AM   #2
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
Rear drum needs cleanup and lube. I have it on mine and it will always come back. :(
Old 09-13-2014, 08:16 AM   #3
fourbangingfun

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by IllusionX View Post
Rear drum needs cleanup and lube. I have it on mine and it will always come back. :(

+1

Take off the rear drums.. Brakleen everything. Use a flat head screwdriver to pry the shoes away from the backing plate about 1 cm.. Notice 6 hot spots per drum, three per shoe. They can be seen on the backing plate when the shoe is lifted. That's where your noise is probably coming from. Brakleen those. Lube them up with something. I used white lithium grease. Make sure no grease or lube gets on the braking surface! Enjoy your newly quiet brake pedal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fourbangingfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 11:21 AM   #4
bairjo

Thank for your responses. However, this sounds like it is coming from inside under the dash at the peddle area. I also get that rear brake squeak your are referring to and that is under control...for now.
bairjo is offline   Reply With Quote