Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-05-2009, 11:43 PM   #1
Shroomster
'07 to '12:2 wipers to 1?

Drives: '12 5-door LE & '14 5-door LE
Anyone know about doctor visits?

ok gist is this.

I'm still having a sinus problem >>>>LINK<<<<

and I'm going to the doctor tomorrow (well his nurse practitioner)

This is my first visit and I am going solely for the purpose of trying to clear up whatever is going on in my sinuses.

I don't think I need any blood tests/labs etc. done and I don't want to incur any bills other than doctor visit and maybe prescription?

I know I can refuse things but I want to make sure I don't need the blood test/lab work etc....does that make sense?

I'm not planning on going back for other than a follow up and I don't want to be told about "other problems I MAY have".....
Shroomster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 12:18 AM   #2
SilverBack
Joey

Drives: '14 Scion xD 5-speed
Send a message via AIM to SilverBack
They're gonna stick a needle in your butt and inject you with an experimental mixture of novacaine and Mountain Dew, followed by a reflex test by firmly grasping your scrotum and telling you turn your head and cough. If there's a problem they'll do surgery right then and there to get a blood sample. You should expect to lose about 3 out of 6 pints and go pale, but you'll recover fully in a matter of minutes on your own. Problem solved.

LOL I'm just messing you. I would try to find out what's causing it. Common culprits are pet dander (noticed you have a cat), grass, pollen, and dust. Doc should be giving you a prescription for nasal spray

A forum post should be like a skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep things interesting.

"I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem." -Hank Hill
SilverBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 07:42 AM   #3
MadMax

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket)
Seriously? Do you not have insurance or something? Are you really trying to tell us that you don't want know if there is something wrong with you? Are you somehow related to the ostrich?

So, the bottom line is you would rather possibly die from a curable disease then to have the opportunity to stop it from killing you. Well, enjoy your life, because it is going to be a short one.

I work with a guy who is younger than me who has battled cancer several times in his life. The last instance was diagnosed later than it should have been and that made his recovery much longer and harder than it would have been had it been identified earlier.

Doctors are going to test you for everything that you show symptoms for. You may think it is only a sinus problem, but there could be other ailments involved and it is the doctor's duty to diagnose and treat all of them. Whatever is driving your fear, get over it, and if it is a money issue than find a way to get some kind of health insurance. If you are just afraid of needles or the doctor in general, or are embarrassed at some of the things they may have to do during their exams, well, get over it. We all have to endure it and it is worth the trouble.

There is nothing sadder than someone dying from something that could have been cured!

Cheers! M2
MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 09:35 AM   #4
Shroomster

no one said anything about fear. it's about having to pay for unecessary b/s.

you thinnk high cholesterol diabetes, thrmobosis, sickle cella anemia, or some other -osis....
caused this sinus problem..

I'm basically trying to figure out if I really need to do the new patient blood work if I'm only going to go for one visit....

I don't believe that the health care system in america (like the car industry and the sports world) need to have such inflated prices for things....also

yes I have insurance....I'm just under the impression I won't be able to afford anything more than a doctor visit currently...
Old 03-06-2009, 09:44 AM   #5
SailDesign

Drives: .
If you go to a "walk-in" centre, rather than a true Doctor's office, you don't have to do the New Patient stuff, at least that's the case in RI. FL may be different. You WILL have to have temp, pulse and BP taken ,like it or not.
SailDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 12:19 PM   #6
Shroomster

well I went and they still want to do blood work but I don't have to do it right now anyways.....but among that they want to do three other tests....oh goody....and I received 3 prescriptions and a sample....

patanase nasal spray
some other type of steroid nasal spray
medi pac?
allegra
Old 03-06-2009, 12:26 PM   #7
supmet
Banned

Drives: 2007 4 Door Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shroomster View Post
well I went and they still want to do blood work but I don't have to do it right now anyways.....but among that they want to do three other tests....oh goody....and I received 3 prescriptions and a sample....

patanase nasal spray
some other type of steroid nasal spray
medi pac?
allegra
I was gonna post yesterday that doctors don't make commission on blood work, they make it on shoving pills down your throat. I'm trying to be less cynical these days though...

My rule of thumb is I won't take any prescriptions that have a commercial(Allegra). I take medical advice from doctors, not the TV.
supmet is offline   Reply With Quote