Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-03-2007, 02:21 AM   #19
Jerkratt

Drives: 08 Yaris Liftback S (RIP 07)
Send a message via AIM to Jerkratt
well any update on them?
Old 06-03-2007, 04:18 AM   #20
RogueYaris

Drives: 2015 Abs Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerkratt View Post
well any update on them?
You seem quite excited about this. I have not done any specific research on this since posting. Other things preoccupy my time than going to the dealership (that isn't in my city) and asking about TSB's.

*edit* I'm sure I'll get to it sometime this week when I have some down time.
RogueYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 04:45 AM   #21
Jerkratt

Drives: 08 Yaris Liftback S (RIP 07)
Send a message via AIM to Jerkratt
ima try also see what i can do
Old 06-03-2007, 10:48 AM   #22
WD-40
07 Yaris RS

Drives: Red 07 Yaris RS
I can't find any place that they list TSB's on the club toyota site, campaigns yes, but those are recalls.
They list no current campaigns on my car yet there are many TSB's out for it.
Old 06-03-2007, 11:07 AM   #23
Toyotech
Your Toyota Technician

Drives: 06 Cobalt SS/SC, 06 Rolla S
Send a message via AIM to Toyotech
Quote:
Originally Posted by WD-40 View Post
I can't find any place that they list TSB's on the club toyota site, campaigns yes, but those are recalls.
They list no current campaigns on my car yet there are many TSB's out for it.
www.tundrasolutions.com
www.nhtsa.com

pretty much list all the tsb's... i will try and get access for everyone so they can use alldata
Toyotech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 06:21 PM   #24
jlift

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by WD-40 View Post
Can we get a Sticky for TSB's that can be printed.
It would make life a little easier when dealing with ignorant dealerships that refuse to admit that they exist.
I tried to get the cat replaced, and they basically said thats like a $2000 part so not likely to replace that.
They might look at a few other things to cure it tho, what ever that means.
Oh and i should change gas, even tho I run Chevron which they recommended.
I'm not impressed with them at all, after I bought the car they don't have the time of day for me.
I worked on this a little today. All I got was the TSB's, a brief heading of the problem and the TSB #. Since I don't "subscribe" to tundrasolutions.com/forums I couldn't get the full body of the TSB, but the dealer will let you see them and the heading will at least tell us something. I think that I got them all, but I might have missed one or two...don't know. A couple of the ones that are already posted on this group weren't included
===============================================

BO011-06 PARKING BRAKE LEVER DUST BOOT
7/6/2006 - 2007 model year Toyota Yaris Sedan vehicles produced BEFORE the Production Change Effective VIN shown.

On certain 2007 model year Yaris sedan vehicles, some customers may notice that the parking brake boot catches on the center console after the brake is released. The parking brake lever dust boot has been made available as a separate service part, and the following repair procedure has been developed to correct this condition.

File is associated with other vehicles. 2007 Toyota Yaris

BO017-03 TRIM GARNISH LOOSE (REVISED)
4/24/2006 - 1991 – 2007 model year Toyota vehicles.

Customers may experience an interior trim panel either loose or fitting poorly due to a deformed or missing panel attachment clips. When a trim garnish (A, B, C, or D pillar garnish, door trim panel, etc.) is removed and reinstalled using the old clips, there is a possibility that the garnish may exhibit a loose condition. To prevent this condition from occurring, please use the following procedures.

EG010-07 M.I.L. ON DTC P0011, P0012, OR P0016
2007 model year Yaris vehicles produced BEFORE the Production Change Effective VINs shown

Under certain conditions, customers may experience a M.I.L. “ON” condition with DTC P0011, P0012, or P0016 stored in the Engine Control Module/ECM (SAE term: Powertrain Control Module/PCM). In some cases, the cause of this DTC may be the VVT–i actuator. Use the procedures in this bulletin to verify the operation of the actuator and correct the condition.

EL002-07 CHARGING SYSTEM WARNING LIGHT ON
2007 model year Yaris vehicles produced BEFORE the Production Change Effective VINs shown

Some customers may complain that the charging system warning light is illuminated on the instrument cluster of the vehicle. The charging system warning light may illuminate due to a corroded connection on the voltage regulator of the alternator. Follow the inspection and repair procedure below to correct this condition.

EL001-07 IG1 RELAY FREEZING

Some customers may experience multiple warning lights illuminated, vehicle not shifting from park to drive, and other accessories becoming inoperative after the vehicle has cold soaked in sub-freezing (below 14 F [–10 C]) ambient air temperatures. A new relay has been made available to improve this condition.

AC001-07 HVAC ODOR

Some customers may experience an intermittent climate control system odor. An A/C amplifier logic improvement has been made available to decrease odor in the vehicle.

NV004-06 FRONT SEAT SQUEAK NOISE
5/23/2006 - 2004 – 2007 model year Toyota and Scion vehicles.

Some customers may experience a squeak noise due to contact between the seat track locating pin(s) and the floor pan location hole(s). The following procedure describes the repair method to correct this condition.

PA002-06 PAINT STAINS UNDER RAPGARD (REVISED)

2007 model year Toyota and Scion vehicles.

On some vehicles, when Rapgard is removed, the paint may have a stained appearance. These stains appear to be under the clear coat and should not be considered a defect in the paint (clear coat or color coat). The stain patterns are usually under wrinkles in the RapgardE. These wrinkles sometimes trap water and cause the paint to stain from the trapped moisture, especially on horizontal surfaces, such as the hood, roof, and trunk. Stains can be removed by heating the stained surface to remove the trapped moisture.

ST005-01 REPAIR MANUAL SUPPLEMENT: VEHICLE PULLING TO ONE SIDE (REVISED)
2002 – 2007 model year Toyota vehicles. 2004 – 2007 model year Scion vehicles.

This bulletin contains general vehicle pulling diagnosis and repair procedures along with specific information to help correct pulling complaints.

This information supplements Repair Manual procedures when the symptoms are:
The driver holds the steering wheel without exerting steering effort while driving straight ahead, the vehicle drifts to the right or the left.
While driving straight ahead, the driver has to steer either to the right or the left to maintain straight driving.

(the below one is more informative than anything else....)

SU002-96 WHEEL BALANCE ADAPTER KIT (REVISED)
9/2/1996 - All Toyota Models. To improve the accuracy of Dynamic Off–Car wheel balancing on all OEM Toyota five and six lug wheels, a precision wheel adapter kit must be used. For the greatest accuracy and repeatability, Toyota recommends using the Haweka adapter kit available through the Toyota Approved Dealer Equipment catalog. The kit consists of a precision ground centering cone for truck alloy wheels and a flange plate.

TC005-07 RATTLE NOISE FROM AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION CONTROL CABLE ASSEMBLY IN REVERSE
2007 model year Yaris vehicles equipped with the 1NZ–FE engine and 4–speed automatic transaxle.

Some 2007 model year Yaris vehicles may exhibit a rattle noise from the engine compartment with engine speed above idle and the automatic transmission shift lever position in reverse. Follow the repair procedure below to address this concern.

jlift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 07:29 PM   #25
IsLNdbOi

Drives: Polar White - 5 Door '09 LB
Thanks for all of that jlift! Looks like I have these:

AC001-07 HVAC ODOR
TC005-07 RATTLE NOISE FROM AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION CONTROL CABLE ASSEMBLY IN REVERSE
IsLNdbOi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 10:22 PM   #26
JosephDoc

Drives: 07 Yaris 3D
QUESTION!
I did my first car wash last weekend and I was testing the rear wipper and washer. The washer fluid dribbles down like the little guy is getting weak.

I did some research on our forum regarding the problem. So did any talk to dealer about this problem?

It seems there are TSB about front washer nozzles, so I guess not for rear one yet.

edit: I did my research before I post this note.
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...ht=rear+washer

Last edited by JosephDoc; 06-06-2007 at 01:00 AM. Reason: Yes, I did the research.. but asking if dealer can fix it.
JosephDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 11:16 PM   #27
RogueYaris

Drives: 2015 Abs Red
joseph, you better hope brickhardmeat doesn't come by. he'll scorn you for not using the search function! yeah, it's normal. mine dribbles, yours dribbles, all of them dribble unless someone modded it. you'll have to save that extra large penicillin shot for something else
RogueYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 01:11 AM   #28
JosephDoc

Drives: 07 Yaris 3D
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueYaris View Post
joseph, you better hope brickhardmeat doesn't come by. he'll scorn you for not using the search function! yeah, it's normal. mine dribbles, yours dribbles, all of them dribble unless someone modded it. you'll have to save that extra large penicillin shot for something else
Lol.. I am sure he can see my approach? I did my homework already before I made the post.
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...ht=rear+washer
I think my question is towarding if dealer/manufacturer/Toyata knows this issue cuz it is not mentioned in latest TSB; since the latest TSB is all about front washer nozzles only.

Mod it? Why? It is more like a bad design by Toy. I want to know if anyone made contact with a local dealer regarding the problem, or I will be there myself to let them do something. Yeah, I think I will go right before my next car wash.

Last edited by JosephDoc; 06-06-2007 at 12:08 PM.
JosephDoc is offline   Reply With Quote