Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-26-2017, 08:25 AM   #1
mr_robot

Drives: Yaris
Yes another power conversion thread!

Sorry for posting this but I searched and couldn’t find what I was looking for.

So I want to do the windows and door locks using OEM parts.

Found a salvage car locally and the seller is letting come and take what I want.

Besides the obvious parts that I can see right away, I wanted to know what else I needed?

I’m assuming it’s all transferable?

Is it possible to remove the wiring harnesses as a whole?

Thanks in advance!!!
mr_robot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 08:08 AM   #2
CrankyOldMan
2ZR swap. DO IT! Ask how!

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic HB
Yes, the whole wiring harness will come out. I pulled them from an xD and it was pretty painless. You can disconnect everything in the door and at the kick panel and it will pull right out.

No idea if it's transferable, you'd have to compare the connectors and wiring diagrams to be sure. There's a lock switch in the center console under the e-brake, the switches in the arm rests, the actuators, and the wire harnesses in the doors. User ern-diz has done an aftermarket swap, he may be able to give you some insights into what needs to be replaced as well.
CrankyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 10:42 AM   #3
mr_robot

Drives: Yaris
Well long story short, the seller thought the car had power everything but it was all manual like mine so no go there.

I’ll just be doing the aftermarket power windows and locks like everyone else here.
mr_robot is offline   Reply With Quote