Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-17-2009, 02:11 PM   #1
LtNoogie

Drives: '08 Bayou Blue LB AT
Where is are all the vacuum hoses sourced?

I am wondering if engine vacuum is source at one spot or many places? Does anyone know where all the vacuum hoses lead to?

When I had my car dyno'd the technician t'd off a vacuum hose to see if he could measure boost pressure, which he could not. That makes me think that vacuum is source somewhere after the throttle body but before the S/C blower.

My vacuum/boost gauge is tapped off the intake manifold after the S/C which makes sense.
LtNoogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 04:22 PM   #2
kurokoma-kun

Drives: 2007 Yaris HB
Long, there is a sticker under the hood that shows the routing goes from the canister in rear of car, to the VSV vacuum switching valve, to the intake manifold.

The pcv (pos. crankcase vent.) goes from fresh air to crankcase to manifold.

But yes I think he could have pulled off the little hose for your boost gauge and got it from the vacuum fitting in the manifold.

does it even build pressure before that point?
kurokoma-kun is offline   Reply With Quote