Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-25-2009, 06:17 PM   #19
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
try exchanging the bulb for an amber one.. looks great.
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 07:23 PM   #20
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
Right. Put a amber bulb in after he took out the amber reflector because he didn't want the amber there in the first place. Smart. More like get a chrome to amber bulb if you wanting to keep the bulb there if you don't decide to smoke the amber reflector and put it back in.

OP: It's probably not legal to take out the reflector where you live. So you COULD put an amber bulb in there and try and trick the guy, but just giving you a heads up.
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 08:05 PM   #21
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
Quote:
Originally Posted by PETERPOOP View Post
Right. Put a amber bulb in after he took out the amber reflector because he didn't want the amber there in the first place. Smart. More like get a chrome to amber bulb if you wanting to keep the bulb there if you don't decide to smoke the amber reflector and put it back in.

OP: It's probably not legal to take out the reflector where you live. So you COULD put an amber bulb in there and try and trick the guy, but just giving you a heads up.
yes an amber bulb with "chrome" on it would be more shiney.
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 08:11 PM   #22
Carson

Drives: 2009 Liftback
Ya, I was wondering about legality. I'm torn because I don't want a ticket but I like the all clear headlights like the Vitz has. I might have to compromise and leave a bit of the reflector so it looks something like this(BTW not my pic). But then again I'm not sure if its worth it.
Attached Images
File Type: png Picture 1.png (149.5 KB, 60 views)
Carson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 09:11 PM   #23
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
Well I don't know how it is where you live, but it'd be rare for a cop to give you a ticket just for your headlights. Most cops wouldn't even notice that you took out the orange reflector, unless you went to get a safety check or something. I wouldn't be TOO worried about it, but it's better to be safe than sorry?
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 01:39 PM   #24
slothman86

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback
just tint the orange reflector like i did!

Last edited by slothman86; 04-27-2009 at 02:01 PM.
slothman86 is offline   Reply With Quote