Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-21-2010, 11:35 AM   #37
talnlnky
Audio Junky

Drives: 08 liftback
Send a message via AIM to talnlnky
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post
If you'd believe it, the easiest part was crimping the terminations. Justin purchased some progressive hand crimper...it's a fancy little vice gripped little jobbie. I was able to crimp the terminations with one hand.
Easy maybe.... but you didn't feel like a man afterwards like you do when you get done smacking an 1/0awg crimp terminal with a mallet or hammer.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:04 AM   #38
Palmer812

Drives: 2010 Meteorite Metallic LB
You know why those are so expensive? They are made in Germany. You know the Germans always make good stuff.
Palmer812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:57 AM   #39
derickveliz2

Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"

I need more friends... (o:

D.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:37 PM   #40
goku87

Drives: Black HB
Why is audison and hertz stuff so hard to find? I would love to have their stuff because it's really high quality, but it's just retarded expensive from dealers.
goku87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 12:47 AM   #41
_S7V7N_

Drives: Yaris 4 Door Sedan
Send a message via Yahoo to _S7V7N_
I'm getting ready to rip up my trunk again and redo the amp set-up..I need a bigger box..Wayy bigger.

Audio is under Construction Kenwood KDC-X794
Hifonics Zeus ZXI6.5C 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component Speaker System - AUTOTEK ATX65CX 6.5-Inch
Hifonics BXi 1210D - Crunch PowerZone P1400.4
(2)12 inch Kicker CVR's - 0 gauge from battery to Distribution block - 4 Gauge Power/Grounds to amps - Duralast Yellow Top - Big 3
_S7V7N_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 10:53 AM   #42
_S7V7N_

How much airspace you working with ? Right now i'm like at 1.0 cubic ft per chamber, i want at least 2.0 Per sub. I'm going to go sealed for now till i Burn these puppies out.

Hifonics Zeus ZXI6.5C 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component Speaker System - AUTOTEK ATX65CX 6.5-Inch
(2)12 inch Kicker CVR's - 0 gauge from battery to Distribution block - 4 Gauge Power/Grounds to amps - Duralast Yellow Top - Big 3
Old 04-29-2010, 04:09 PM   #43
_S7V7N_

Trust me i know how it is. When i go in and ask the mechanics about upgrading the alternator, or what's the fuses on the positive side of the battery terminal, they ask " why " i say " why not ? " then they see the set-up and are amazed that a yarii can put a bit of thump out. I plan on keeping this lil biatch just cause it's good on gas and it's almost paid off, it's an 07 with 17 k on it, this thing will last me forever.

Old 04-29-2010, 04:21 PM   #44
talnlnky
Audio Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by _S7V7N_ View Post
Trust me i know how it is. When i go in and ask the mechanics about upgrading the alternator, or what's the fuses on the positive side of the battery terminal, they ask " why " i say " why not ? " then they see the set-up and are amazed that a yarii can put a bit of thump out. I plan on keeping this lil biatch just cause it's good on gas and it's almost paid off, it's an 07 with 17 k on it, this thing will last me forever.
People are stupid, end of story. I could take one of those 1/32 model replica cars and put a loud stereo in one of them (tho it wouldn't be loud when playing below 1khz).... Size doesn't matter... it really doesn't, ESPECIALLY when talking about the size of the car.
Old 04-30-2010, 02:47 AM   #45
_S7V7N_

They just have no imagination. They're stuck on only crx's and hatchbacks being the only cars to throw a nice system in. I usually just smile and say " crank up your system " . End of story. Majority of the time they give you the ol story of " well i had one a few yrs back but i took it out because it started to give me probs ..bla bla bla """ It's far easier to be a hater than to say " wow bro, good luck on the install "

Old 04-30-2010, 04:45 AM   #46
goku87

"retarded expensive" is a term I use very very loosely. I just looked around for the quote I got from the dealer for cost, couldn't find it of course, and the hertz website is giving me a "80004005" error so I'm pretty much going completely off my terrible memory. For two 15"s (unsure what line, HXsomething?) I think it was ballpark of $1100. Granted, they did have a ridiculously high sensitivity rating, the power handling didn't quite excite me all that much, obviously since I can't remember what it was. But $1100 for two 15s? That seems a little excessive. If I had some numbers I could throw it in that sexy spreadsheet you like so much. Maybe their site will be up tomorrow.

Also, ditch the spare tire. You don't need it. It's pretty worthless when you do need it. Can only go like 35 on it or something to that effect. And probably 90% of the time when you "need" it you are in an area where you could just call up a friend and say "hey I need help! Can you come pick me up so we can go grab my spare really quick?" What I do (since I have my amps in my spare tire spot) is have a fifth tire in my apartment, so if I get a flat it's a quick swap then I can just patch/plug the other tire whenever it's convenient for me.

Buuuuuuuuuuut that's just my personal donut opinion.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:20 AM   #47
derickveliz2

Quote:
The Toyota dealership is supposed to drop off the bezel piece and we have the 1 DIN Metra kit already...I'm just excited about powering the piece up and putting up on the head unit eye candy thread. I think I'm the only Yaris with a P-01 so far...
That sounds great sqcomp, 2 questions, would you have the part # for the Bezel?

and is this the Metra kit?

Thanks
Old 04-30-2010, 01:36 PM   #48
derickveliz2

Quote:
Toyota Bezel part, it is 55405-52640. List price is $75. I've seen it online for as low as $56 without shipping. If you go into the dealership they cna print off a dash blow up that will detail the parts you need. The nice thing is that we're ordering the part on the shop's account with the dealership. That should save a few dollars AND get the dealership to deliver the part to me. Nice.
Thanks, I called Toyota (local) asked for the Bezel, they sell it for $86.21, witch is Ok with me.

Now a "Dash" blow up, for the parts that we need...? what other parts do we need?

is this what you are talking about?

Thanks

D.
Old 04-30-2010, 03:11 PM   #49
derickveliz2

Quote:
They gave me a different blow up. It was for the entire dash. Okay, Metra doesn't make the kit for ours...I'm sourcing mine from Best Kits & Harnesses. The part number is BKTOYK969

I'll try to find more diagrams for the DASH, maybe here in YarisWold we could find one.

So the Kit is about $30, do we need to buy the Harnesses too?

Old 05-01-2010, 02:38 AM   #50
goku87

Three things:
1) Nice Makita. The light weight is awesome for doing installs.
2) Looks really nice, excited to see it installed.
3) WTF is up with the stack of change?
Old 05-01-2010, 02:38 AM   #51
derickveliz2

Love it!

What are you going to paint? I'm a little sleepy and didn't get that part.
Old 05-02-2010, 10:09 PM   #52
goku87

and two more things:

4) Why paint it? you should wrap it in CF.
5) Would there have been enough room for a scanguage to fit in that bottom section?
Old 05-03-2010, 10:59 AM   #53
talnlnky
Audio Junky

I see the teammate with the FIT switched to a MkII JBL GTI... should net better scores. The GTI's with the split gap motor had a very flat Bl curve... low distortion, and one of the lowest inductance ratings I've ever seen on a sub. Great SQ woofers if put in the right box.
Old 05-03-2010, 05:42 PM   #54
talnlnky
Audio Junky

Quote:
Update:

It looks like my theory works! The MEK mixed with ground up plastic flecks from the kit extras seems to fill in very well. As of this moment the kit's seams are filled and waiting for the cure which is coming along nicely. I have pics to follow this evening.
By MEK, you're talking about the hardening agent used in glass work... correct?