Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Fuel Economy Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-15-2012, 03:17 AM   #1
jhsouders
With the help of SGII

Drives: 2009 Yaris Sedan Manual
Hydrolysis for Yaris (Water for fuel)?

Does anyone have any thoughts on using the process of hydrolysis in your yaris? Apparently their is a company that actually sells and installs the setup for your car AND has a money back satisfaction guarantee.

http://fuelfromh2o.com/

They even have test results for the setup in a yaris.

http://fuelfromh2o.com/testsresults.php

I get 45mpg or so in the summertime and 40 in the winter. They claim 15-35% mpg gains. I would love to get 50-55+ mpg consistently. I am awful tempted to try it out. What do you guys think about this?
Old 03-15-2012, 08:38 AM   #2
Gogogordy

Drives: Miss my Yaris, love my Jeep jk
I guess if you believe that it MAY work, the money back guarantee claim is even easier to swallow.

Caveat emptor
Gogogordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:09 PM   #3
caineroad

Drives: 06 Yaris HB CE
i will not try, haven't heard such thing before. If it is reliable, manufacturer would put that on already.
caineroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:56 PM   #4
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
you have to put more energy into water than you get from it. it would be interesting to see how you supposedly get better gas mileage from that.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:59 PM   #5
jhsouders
With the help of SGII

Drives: 2009 Yaris Sedan Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by why? View Post
you have to put more energy into water than you get from it. it would be interesting to see how you supposedly get better gas mileage from that.
The claim that more energy is required than you get out of it is common. I am still unsure myself of the truth of it. They claim that its possible to create more hydrogen using less voltage/amperage giving the mpg gains.

It is kind of hard to ignore the money back satisfaction guarantee and the results of the device. They wouldnt be in business if it didnt work, people would just get all their money back. If you look on google, lots of people are getting results using the same technique.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:17 AM   #6
SpaceShot

Drives: 2008 Yaris 5 speed HB
I am getting similar mileage, but I am putting on 600 miles / week with my commute.
Given the prices for a complete package, $650, it would take 1-1/2 years to pay off at today's $3.75 / gallon.

My father in-law, a retired machinist, built one of his own to put in a full size Buick. While his mileage did go up ~15% he felt the bulk under the hood and the performance hit were more than he expected at the start.
SpaceShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:15 AM   #7
DMZ

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB
Googled for more information and turned up lots of claims that this tech is just another scam that surfaces when gas prices go up significantly. Here is one from e-bay:

http://reviews.ebay.com/Hydrogen-Gen...00000005261775
Old 03-16-2012, 05:43 PM   #8
Yaristeve

Drives: 3-door hatch
Well, at least they stopped claiming you can run your car on water alone...
Yaristeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 12:34 AM   #9
Spidermandud

Drives: Black '08 Yaris Hatch S
I'd be a lot more comfortable trying this out, on say a go-cart, than my day-to-day.

..but I'm also not willing to spend that much on a go-cart.

DILEMMAS DILEMMAS.
Old 03-17-2012, 10:42 AM   #10
daf62757
Nothing beats a Toyota!

Drives: 2013 Yaris 5 dr liftback
Isn't this the old Brown Gas thing in a new package? I chased this pony a few years ago when I had my 4Runner and gas prices were climbing. It was a smoke and mirror concept then and it is now.

The amount of energy needed to convert the water into hydrogen is very large and too large for a passenger or pickup truck. This is a scam. Save your money and your time.

Synthetic Oil....its in my car.....for at least 10,000 miles!

daf62757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 07:14 AM   #11
benton0
I've made a post!

Drives: yaris
if you believe on me that it MAY work, the money back guarantee claim.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:21 AM   #12
goliath1812

Drives: 2010 Prius, 2007 Yaris Sedan
I would sure like to see somebody try it :-)
Old 04-07-2012, 09:47 AM   #13
Idahotom

Drives: 2008 5 sp. LB
Remember cow magnets, clamped arouind the fuel lines?
Idahotom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 10:41 AM   #14
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhsouders View Post
The claim that more energy is required than you get out of it is common. I am still unsure myself of the truth of it. They claim that its possible to create more hydrogen using less voltage/amperage giving the mpg gains.

It is kind of hard to ignore the money back satisfaction guarantee and the results of the device. They wouldnt be in business if it didnt work, people would just get all their money back. If you look on google, lots of people are getting results using the same technique.
money back guarantees don't work if you the company decides you messed up, etc, etc, etc.

The best place to look for the story about water to energy is scientific journals. They all did the experiment after the original 2 scientists figured out how to get energy out of water.

now of course you could say it is all a cover up, and who knows, it could be.
Old 04-07-2012, 10:51 AM   #15
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by benton0 View Post
if you believe on me that it MAY work, the money back guarantee claim.
I don't think anyone is willing to believe you with this as your first post
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 11:14 AM   #16
Zebra

Drives: Yaris HB
In order to dispel all concerns about the device, I want you to know that I've been running one for just over 8 months. There is a fair amount of maintenance and you need to do a little tweaking to get everything to be efficient. Using a 12v system didn't seem to offer much help so after doing some quick calculations a 72v increased production and efficiency but increased battery weight by a multiple of 5. Also, the amount of water you need to carry becomes a factor and stopping my space ship to refill gets to be a pain in the drier galaxies. The warranty didn't say anything about interstellar transportation maintenance but that's not unusual for devices made on earth. There are several companies offering dry/cold fusion systems but I find the hum of their systems to be annoying once you hit light speed.

Maybe I'll get some of those cow magnets and try them out too... can't hurt can it?
Old 08-26-2012, 11:00 AM   #17
philc1974

Drives: 2000 yaris
Hi there

just read this post about using HHO fuel suppliment in a Yaris or car, van etc...

My name is Phil and i am studying renewable energy practices in Dublin Ireland. My GF owns a 2000 Yaris and i plan on buying and fitting one of these systems into her car.

Currently i have constructed a HHO dual cell system which gives out about between 3 and a maximum 4 LPM of HHO gas ( 2 hydrogen and 1 oxygen).

I am using a 12 volt power supply at 30 amps to simulate the car battery and so far i have the system producing 2 LPM of HHO gas . I have read a lot of forum posts about this system and what it produces can be used to suppliment a Diesel/petrol engine.
The problem with this system is that the MAP and/or MAF sensors in the car need to be manipulated, otherwise adding HHO gas into the air intake will trigger a lean mix reading and cause the computer to dump more fuel into the mix, making fuel economy worse.
There are devices which can be bought online which can either automatically adjust the MAP/MAF sensors, or it can be done with a simple on/off switch with a dial which limits the sensors reaction to the HHO Input.

The set up i constructed , produces a HHO gas from water with an electrolite added to the water to help electrolsis take place.
Given that air at sea level, and at equal volume, 0.1275% the density of the same volume of water, 1 litre of water can produce 784 times the volume in HHO, 1 litre of treated water can actually go a long way!. I have run my system many times for almost 8 hours solid with no noticable drop in the water reservior level (1 litre tank).

The main attribute of HHO is that when introduced into an engine, it:
• Burns hotter than petrol/diesel on their own
• Produces no emissions
• Leaves no carbon foot print
• Any HHO that is not used in the combustion chamber, gets ejected from the car exhaust as...Water!
• Cooler engine
• More horsepower
With just a couple of hundred pounds or Euros to purchase, and have one of these systems installed, and yield at least 10% in fuel efficiency, surely it would be worth it?
Remember there are no moving parts in this system, and the gas is made on demand, and stays in its natural state as water til one starts the car and throws the breaker switch to power this HHO Dry Cell generator.
I just thought that i would share this information with you all because i believe this is an amazing system to have installed on any car or van/truck,train, Boat!

Thanks for taking time to read this

Cheers!
Phil
philc1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 05:18 PM   #18
DMZ

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB
Quote:
The problem with this system is that the MAP and/or MAF sensors in the car need to be manipulated, otherwise adding HHO gas into the air intake will trigger a lean mix reading and cause the computer to dump more fuel into the mix, making fuel economy worse.
I think this alone would spook most people away from HHO.