Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-07-2010, 01:28 PM   #1
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to YarisSedan
Issue for LP setting on 4 channel amp.

I have a mephis audio 4 channel amp. On my 3/4 channel i want to set it to LP frequency i have coaxials in the back. When i do i hear no sound. Even if i turn the gain up to max i barely hear a tiny gurgle. If i set it to full crossover then i get sound lows and highs.

One thing i know though is there was a issue with my neck. One of the channels was loosing ground the the installed took a piece of wire and wrapped it aorund one of the adjacent cables before plugging it into the back of the deck and it fixed the problem. Thus stealing the ground from the other channel. Could this be what is causing my problem?
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 10:28 PM   #2
talnlnky
Audio Junky

Drives: 08 liftback
Send a message via AIM to talnlnky
Quote:
Originally Posted by YarisSedan View Post
I have a mephis audio 4 channel amp. On my 3/4 channel i want to set it to LP frequency i have coaxials in the back. When i do i hear no sound. Even if i turn the gain up to max i barely hear a tiny gurgle. If i set it to full crossover then i get sound lows and highs.

One thing i know though is there was a issue with my neck. One of the channels was loosing ground the the installed took a piece of wire and wrapped it aorund one of the adjacent cables before plugging it into the back of the deck and it fixed the problem. Thus stealing the ground from the other channel. Could this be what is causing my problem?
what is the frequency that the LP is supposed to be set at? make sure its not something like 40hz.

the thing your installer did may have been a trick to reduce noise/hum.
give us more details about the problem... are you bridging the two channels? any other info we should know?
Old 02-07-2010, 11:27 PM   #3
YarisSedan

Hmmm i think it was set at like 60hz. What should it be set at? I dont think its bridged.
Old 02-07-2010, 11:42 PM   #4
goku87

Drives: Black HB
if you are using it for speakers you probably shouldnt be using the lp filter anyway. anything below 180Hz is pretty low for your average component and it won't be able to reproduce the signal at an audible level. leave it on fp and change the hp freq down if you really don't want any coming from behind you.

is your amp the old m class or the new m class? on my old one i was able to do the above, although i didn't really like the sound of it so i changed it.
goku87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 01:51 AM   #5
YarisSedan

Not sure this is my setup i have a pioneer deck and mephis audio 4 channel amp kicker 6x9 coaxials in the back and blakpunt 6.5 components in the front.

The amp has a LP and HP frequency setting and also HP and LP or full xover for front and seperate for back and boost button as well.

What would you recomend the settings for best sound.
Old 02-08-2010, 11:46 AM   #6
talnlnky
Audio Junky

Drives: 08 liftback
Send a message via AIM to talnlnky
hp is generally for speakers... and lp for subs.... 80hz is a decent place to set both (if you have speakers & subs).

sometimes people will use a lp on rear speakers because they only want mid & midbass tones and no highs... if this is your goal, set it for lp around 150-200hz.
Old 02-08-2010, 12:10 PM   #7
YarisSedan

I have no subs and that was actually my goal to try to get some mids and lows of possible.