Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-18-2011, 06:06 PM   #19
mlaverdiere

Drives: Yaris HB 2006 black
Changing bulb without removing bumper & headlight

Ok, I did manage to replace an headlight bulb on my Toyota Yaris, without removing the bumper & the headlight and without any tool. It's true that the work space is tight (I have big hands, so it didn't help!) and when you do it for the first time, it's not so obvious. But hey, over all, it took me just 30 min.! Next time, I guess it should take me 10 minutes.

Instructions: Just follow what you'll find in your owner manual!

For reference, here's the link to some 2007 Toyota Yaris manual where you'll find the relevant info:

- P. 289-290 of 2007 Owner Manual: http://pdfcafe.com/files/pdfcafe.com...user_guide.rar

- P. LI-97 of 2007 Toyota Yaris Factory Repair Manuals, lightning part (Disassembly section): http://www.etimago.com/yaris/repairmanual/Lighting.pdf

A few tips:

1. It's not so obvious, but the rubber part that comes with the bulb can be removed quite easily, by pulling gently the bulb out.

2. When you install the new bulb, be sure to position it correctly (that is to say, the larger border plate at the top) in order make it fit easily in the socket.

Hope this helps

Last edited by mlaverdiere; 06-18-2011 at 06:19 PM.
mlaverdiere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 03:14 PM   #20
Siffleu

Drives: Yaris 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by henry33 View Post
I have change the bulb without dismounting the front bumper and headlight!
you will need lot of patience but it can be done ;)
+1
just done both into 45minutes
Siffleu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:02 AM   #21
HuchoTS

Drives: YarisTS,Corolla,Carina,Prius
Done it in less than 5 minutes on both sides.
1. pull the connector Off
2. pull the rubber boot off the bulb completely so you have the complete rubber boot off in your hand ( sometimes it sticks to the bulb due to heat. get your fingers as close to light bulb you can and pull the rubber off the back of light bulb) otherwise you can not release the spring that holds the bulb in reflector.
3. feel for two metal wire bumps (its a spring that holds the bulb in place) on each side and squeeze together (pinch style ;) ) to release the light bulb. The key is to move it in horizontal direction Don't push in or pull the spring. Just move it horizontally towards the light bulb.
4. replace the bulb and go step by step backwards . All Done!
HuchoTS is offline   Reply With Quote