Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-29-2013, 10:18 PM   #1
dinop
dino

Drives: '07 Toyota Yaris (sedan)
Small accident, need advice.

Hi everyone,
So, I had a bit of a bad experience on a dirt road yesterday. A deer was crossing the road and my brakes locked up as I was slowing down. We spun out into a small ditch. Basically, my poor Yaris is in pretty rough shape at the moment. Had it towed to my fathers office where the company mechanic took a quick look at it. I'll try to attach a smaller photo of the damage. When AAA got it on the tow truck it was clear that the radiator needs to be replaced because the support was bent upward and fluid was pissing out. The front quarter panel on the drivers side is ruined (the car skidded into a tree), the front bumper cover has been destroyed, and as far as I can tell, that's it.

When we got it to the office I tried starting it, but the starter would not turn. It's acting as if the clutch switch isn't depressed, but I know my foot was flat to the floor. So I had a friend of mine give me a push and we pop-started it so that we could park it quickly, before it would overheat. It still idles and drives like it should when it's cold, which is good. Any ideas as to what's preventing power to go to the starter? Checked the fuses and plugged in the OBDII diagnostics reader, nothing to show.

Anyway, I've been searching online all day for parts and was wondering if anybody knew of anything better than what I've found so far. I want to use a generic radiator until I can afford the genuine toyota replacement. I'm a little tight on extra cash right now (I just had our Audi serviced, which cost a fortune), so I'm trying to be pretty cost-efficient with the parts I buy. So here's what I've found for the radiator, the quarter panel, and the front bumper.

Going to wash the filth off of the car and take a look at it on a lift Monday. I'll add anything else that seems to be an issue then.
Attached Images
File Type: png Picture 1.png (427.5 KB, 171 views)

Dino, VT
07 Toyota Yaris Sedan- stock, 281k, daily driver
09 Toyota Yaris Sedan- stock, 128k...parents car
95 Audi S6- alt daily driver, 5 cyl turbo, 224k
75 Triumph TR6- Current restoration project, 8k
dinop is offline   Reply With Quote