Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-03-2018, 03:57 AM   #1
Other Cars A Supra

Drives: 08 Yaris D4D, Supra, VW Camper
Just saying hi!

Hi from the UK. I'm Dave and thought i would join after using the forum a couple times since buying my Yaris two weeks ago. After my VW Camper, which i use to use daily, decided to blow up its gearbox i needed a run around which would get me from kent to essex 3-4 times a week. My mum had a Gen1 Yaris which when she traded in had done 400,000 miles and was still going strong.
As my username states i do love a toyota and for the lat 10 years have owned and built/rebuilt a Mkiv Supra which is purely for the drags strip now.
Couple things ill be posting over next day or two including bits i want to do to the Yaris in the next month or so including cruise control and AUX connection.
but for now Hi!
Other Cars A Supra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 07:01 AM   #2
06YarisRS

Drives: 06 2ZR Turbo Yaris RS
Welcome! Looking forward to hearing more about your Yaris upgrades. In '96 on a road trip I was driving by a Toyota dealership and noticed - for the first time - the Supra Turbo. I popped in and an obliging salesman gave me a tour despite the fact that I told him I could never afford purchasing it. I think he was as excitied as I was and probably happy to show it to anyone interested. No test drive unfotunately. Haha.

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer
https://www.instagram.com/2zr_turbo_yarisrs/
06YarisRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 12:00 PM   #3
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Welcome!

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 11:41 PM   #4
Type-Y

Drives: 2007 Yaris hatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Other Cars A Supra View Post
Hi from the UK. I'm Dave and thought i would join after using the forum a couple times since buying my Yaris two weeks ago. After my VW Camper, which i use to use daily, decided to blow up its gearbox i needed a run around which would get me from kent to essex 3-4 times a week. My mum had a Gen1 Yaris which when she traded in had done 400,000 miles and was still going strong.
As my username states i do love a toyota and for the lat 10 years have owned and built/rebuilt a Mkiv Supra which is purely for the drags strip now.
Couple things ill be posting over next day or two including bits i want to do to the Yaris in the next month or so including cruise control and AUX connection.
but for now Hi!
Welcome. What year was your VW Camper - love those things, all years. Supra's are almost as cool as a Yaris . The Yaris is fun in its own, tiny, yet feels big on the inside, yet still a go-cart, way.

Post some pics of all 3.

Last edited by Type-Y; 01-03-2018 at 11:42 PM. Reason: not sure if too many or too little comma's
Type-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 05:57 AM   #5
Other Cars A Supra

Drives: 08 Yaris D4D, Supra, VW Camper
Thanks for the welcome guys.
Had a bit of a shopping spree the last four weeks. couple bits installed, couple bits waiting to go on.

Thule Roof Bars
Thule Roof Box
Thule Bike Rack
Carbon Wrap Bonnet and roof
Short Antenna
DIY Front Lip
Cruise Control
Fog Lights & Tinted
AUX Input on Standard Stereo

Left to do;
Window Tints
Coilovers