Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-16-2010, 06:32 PM   #1
Focus_Sh1ft

Drives: 08 Yaris Turbo; 06 tC Turbo
Smile I NEED Boost... Opinions puh-lease

So after some debate I've decided to splurge on a turbo setup and drop bolt-on mods, as they just will not cut it. I'm tired of being blown away by a minivan from a full stop.

After learning a bit about the necessary components and options available I've deemed this to be in my best interest:
1. Zage kit w/o turbo and oil pan
2. Emanage Blue
3. Mistu 14b (and rebuild) or Garrett GT2554

Hopefully I'll be able to get a hold of ChinoCharles to talk about his experience with the Emanage, and even the 14b. I still need to find a shop that can tune Emanages, but that shouldn't be too hard to find, (?) and is at the top of the to do list. Oh, and I plan on starting at 6 psi and shooting for 8 psi after the kinks are worked out. I hope to begin this next month. Opinions on the setup I have in mind would be much appreciated.

Also, been wondering about a few things that I can't find clear cut answers on...
1. Will the stock fuel pump and injectors suffice at as much as 8 psi?
2. Is it crucial to have a custom exhaust setup prior to tuning, or can it wait til after? Obviously I'll need one to get the most out of any turbo setup, but is it vital to have during tuning to get an accurate tune?
3. Is anyone else running an Emanage Blue successfully? Also, I'm open to suggestions on alternatives.
4. I'm really torn on turbos... The 14b will work and is so cheap, but spools up at 3k+ rpm (btw, this is a daily driver ONLY). For like $700 more I can get the GT2554 which spools up quicker and is a brand name. I really need opinions on this. My current plan is to grab a 14b and possibly upgrade to the GT2554 later, maybe when I decide to increase boost?
Focus_Sh1ft is offline   Reply With Quote