Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-08-2009, 01:52 AM   #19
jess

Drives: 09 hatchback
One of the Technical Service Bulletins reads like it covers many of these issues.

Sounds like a lengthy disassembly and reassembly at the dealership so I can understand their lack of candor.
jess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 04:45 PM   #20
cdavidhess

Drives: 2008 White Yaris Sedan 5 speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIK4 View Post
i don't have the ability to post pics right now. i noticed that while driving if i put my hand anywhere on the console around speedometer tach etc, that it would stop the squeaks and rattles. just the other day i was getting tired of it so i ripped off approx 1in by 1in sections of a napkin (toilet paper would prob work also) and shimmied them in between the gap of the clear plastic protector in front of the speedometer and the black plastic of the dash. i don't know if ours was the same problem but i do know that it took away 80% of the noises. im going to try to shimmie a couple more down there to see if it fixes it all. hope this helps a little and im sorry i cant post pics.
Earlier today, I tried the same thing using some pieces of black felt. It seems to have done the trick. Since the problem is sporadic, it will take some time to tell for sure.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:00 PM   #21
SLIK4
Michael

Drives: 07 Silver Yaris Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdavidhess View Post
Earlier today, I tried the same thing using some pieces of black felt. It seems to have done the trick. Since the problem is sporadic, it will take some time to tell for sure.
glad i could help
i took my car into have it detailed and forgot to tell them about my little diy and they removed them so all my rattles are back and i have been too lazy to put them back. will do soon though.
SLIK4 is offline   Reply With Quote