Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-28-2018, 06:07 PM   #1
DallasDiy

Drives: 2018 Yaris iA
No Warranty on Jack - Use at your own risk

Hi everyone. I found this out today, and thought it important enough to share.

Toyota does not warranty the standard jack that comes with the 2018 Yaris iA. I had the jack fail while it was being used by a police officer. The jack bent and was unable to fully raise the car. Toyota offers no warranty, but will replace the bent jack part (not the entire jack) in the name of 'customer satisfaction'.

I'm just going to get a small bottle jack and keep that in the trunk, and I strongly recommend that every Yaris iA owner do the same. Don't take silly risks with a weak jack.
DallasDiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 02:37 PM   #2
DarkShadowFox
Banned

Drives: 2015 Yaris LE 3door 1F7
why would you use the jack just get a harbor freight 2 ton the jack is for emergencies only and of course theres no warranty on it. there's no warranty for DIY stuff involving anything with cars, its always use at your own discretion.
DarkShadowFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 11:50 PM   #3
stormhighway

Drives: 2010 Yaris sedan
A hydraulic floor jack is $20 at Walmart or any auto parts store. It raises the car with little effort in about 20 seconds. Doesn't take much room in the trunk either.
stormhighway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 08:05 AM   #4
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
I had an out oil pressure sensor fail a year out of warranty. I think Toyota fixed it for like $300, but I apply two Toyota customer service And they gave me back $150.

So it’s worth contacting customer service if you have an issue you think they should pay something for