Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-09-2018, 04:04 AM   #1
cl4wsdp

Drives: 2007 Yaris HB
Joining the club

Hi all! First post. Today I picked up my new used ‘07 Yaris. Thankful to the previous owner who really looked after the car. Sadly, it was sold because he passed away last December. Lovely family who sold it to me.

My 86 was written-off through no fault of mine. I’d always fantasised about modifying a zippy car; hence, the decision to get the Yaris! Thought about getting the 2nd hand previous ‘dream’ car I had before the 86, the XR5T. More thought about the feeling of fast but-not-really-it’s-just-enough made me want to do the Yaris route. Enjoyed browsing through very cool looking Yaris’ with good sets of wheels and nice heights.

Looking to do moderate modifications and keep it neat. So far though, hard to find any Aussie sites that could sell parts (or I’m not looking well enough). Will have a good look around, but please feel free to lead me to any posts if you know any. Will look into Garage 88 if they can order some parts for me. Suspension, chassis, wheels/tyres, brakes, headers, looks then exhaust will be my order of operation. Many questions and will seek for answers here! Joining the club.
cl4wsdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 01:28 PM   #2
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Welcome!

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 06:26 PM   #3
Runethecursed

Drives: 2009 Yaris S
Welcome to the epitome of driving slow cars fast, Tom, myself and Ernie are kinda dumb, but we got knowledge and experience. Check out project nameless for a caged yaris!
Runethecursed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 06:48 PM   #4
ern-diz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runethecursed View Post
Welcome to the epitome of driving slow cars fast, Tom, myself and Ernie are kinda dumb, but we got knowledge and experience. Check out project nameless for a caged yaris!

On Wheelwell
Old 07-10-2018, 03:47 AM   #5
kevinj93

Drives: 2013 NCP130
Drive it for a while before deciding to spend any money on the suspension. Australia gets a unique suspension tune "suited to local conditions".

Unless you want to lower it, regularly have rear seat passengers or want to go racing you may decide the standard suspension does not need any mods.
Old 07-10-2018, 11:57 AM   #6
ern-diz

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinj93 View Post
Drive it for a while before deciding to spend any money on the suspension. Australia gets a unique suspension tune "suited to local conditions".

Unless you want to lower it, regularly have rear seat passengers or want to go racing you may decide the standard suspension does not need any mods.
Didn't know that. Very interesting. I wonder what that unique tune consists of.

On Wheelwell
Old 07-10-2018, 11:03 PM   #7
kevinj93

Drives: 2013 NCP130
Quote:
Originally Posted by ern-diz View Post
Didn't know that. Very interesting. I wonder what that unique tune consists of.
I'm not sure, but for most imported vehicles this means different spring rates and different shock absorber rates.

Items I can find in the GSIC are for Wheels (standard 14" with 39mm inset) and tyres (standard is 175/70x14), and a faster ration on the steering rack.

Last edited by kevinj93; 07-10-2018 at 11:30 PM.
kevinj93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 12:17 AM   #8
bradbowl
Hatchbacks for the win

Drives: Hatchbacks
Welcome to the cool kids club! :D
bradbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 01:19 PM   #9
cl4wsdp

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinj93 View Post

Didn’t know this but going to lower soon anyway with Cusco street zero :)
Old 07-12-2018, 01:25 PM   #10
cl4wsdp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runethecursed View Post
Hahaha thank you and will check it out. Though knowledge and experience lend themselves to wisdom so glad to be welcomed by such!
Old 11-27-2018, 06:02 AM   #11
kimmysawi
Banned

Drives: Honda accord
Quote:
Originally Posted by cl4wsdp View Post
Hahaha thank you and will check it out. Though knowledge and experience lend themselves to wisdom so glad to be welcomed by such! see more details at emilydavinci.com
It was the best time to escape because you collapse between the knowledge and experience
kimmysawi is offline   Reply With Quote