Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-03-2018, 08:53 AM   #1
Mshill
I've made a post!

Drives: 2010 AUS Yaris 1.3 manual
Australian 2010 YR Manual Trans 1.3 litre model Cruise Control

Hi Guys,

Have been digging through the forums and found lots on cruise control kits. However haven't found any Australian guys that have installed cruise control themselves on the same model and manual trans car as mine. Only just bought the car a month ago and am desperately wanting cruise control. Love this little car otherwise though.

Please point me in the right direction. I assume we don't get the plug and play kits that you lucky Americans get!

Thanks, Matt.
Mshill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 01:18 AM   #2
Deathwish

Drives: Yaris
Same

I nave exactly the same model as you and tried to do this today. There doesn't seem to be anything to plug it into, only the airbag and the horn, the horn plug has 8 points but in the mount there is only 1 pin so there doesn't seen to be any wiring.
I'm going to keep looking into it though as I've already fitted the switch.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Deathwish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 01:31 AM   #3
Deathwish

Drives: Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathwish View Post
I nave exactly the same model as you and tried to do this today. There doesn't seem to be anything to plug it into, only the airbag and the horn, the horn plug has 8 points but in the mount there is only 1 pin so there doesn't seen to be any wiring.
I'm going to keep looking into it though as I've already fitted the switch.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Reading through some different threads it seems it can't be done. Maybe remove the ones that are obsolete?
Now i have a hole in my steering column.
Could someone recommend some cheap mods to install to make it go faster and cheer me up?
Cheers..

Last edited by Deathwish; 05-08-2018 at 07:42 AM.
Deathwish is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1.3, australia, autralian, cruise control, manual