Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-27-2010, 05:05 PM   #1
bkndacn

Drives: 2009 Toyota Yaris
GOOD Mechanic needed!

Hey YW folks!

So back home in MD the Toyota Dealership was really nice to me and I had a family mechanic that we could trust with our lives! But since moving to Monterey I have been totally disgusted with how the Dealership here has been treating me ... So I am boycotting them! lol Apparently I got lucky with a nice dealership back home because I hear that they are ALL money hungry bastards over here!...

So I guess what I'm asking is does anyone know of a Good, Decent, and most of all trustworthy mechanic that wont try and sell me things that I don't need?

I just had to bring my baby to the local Jiffy Lube **Shudders at the thought** and I really wasn't happy.... help me!
bkndacn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 05:20 PM   #2
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
hmm, mechanics in Monterey. I have a friend that lives there, I will ask who he trusts.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 07:51 PM   #3
MUSKOKA800

Drives: '08 Yaris Sedan, Aero Package
Servicing a Yaris is simpler than strapping that boat on your roof. For the price of having a commercial oil change you could buy the oil, filter and tools required. Ten minutes later you're done and liberated from the need for a grease monkey.
The next thing you know you'll be changing struts and springs, adding sway-bars and shift kits and totally forgetting where the stealership even is.
Good Luck!!!

Aftermarket Goodies: Piggies SS, K&N Drop-In, Blitz S/C, DC Header, NST Pulley)

Toyota Options/Accessories: Sport Pedal Covers, Sport Shift Knob, Ipod Interface, Summer Mats, Winter Mats, Cruise Control, Auto-Dim Mirror, Echo steelies with winter boots.
MUSKOKA800 is offline   Reply With Quote