Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-24-2023, 04:35 PM   #37
sh0rtlife

Drives: 2007 5dr canadian import
no i bolted it down fit was fine hole alignment and dowel both....id venture to say that the "carrier" for the hub and even maybe the bearings are actualy the same parts, where the hub pressed into the unit is the only "new part",,,and when you consider tooling costs..the more a manufacturer can re-use the same parts and only change 1 item in the chain the more money they save

for my swap..im keeping the yaris 4x100.....as for the xb1 time will tell is it stays 4x100 or goes 5x114.....i know 114 opens up the world to infinite wheel options and going big brakes is easier tha route
sh0rtlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2023, 09:40 PM   #38
Neinris

Drives: 08 Yaris 3 Door Hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by sh0rtlife View Post
no i bolted it down fit was fine hole alignment and dowel both....id venture to say that the "carrier" for the hub and even maybe the bearings are actualy the same parts, where the hub pressed into the unit is the only "new part",,,and when you consider tooling costs..the more a manufacturer can re-use the same parts and only change 1 item in the chain the more money they save

for my swap..im keeping the yaris 4x100.....as for the xb1 time will tell is it stays 4x100 or goes 5x114.....i know 114 opens up the world to infinite wheel options and going big brakes is easier tha route
Did you get to measure the dimensions of the xB2's rear axle frame? Will it fit in the Yaris? I just want to confirm.
Neinris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2023, 12:13 PM   #39
sh0rtlife

Drives: 2007 5dr canadian import
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neinris View Post
Did you get to measure the dimensions of the xB2's rear axle frame? Will it fit in the Yaris? I just want to confirm.
sheet ice and snow...give it another couple days or so to melt off and ill get it
sh0rtlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2023, 01:55 PM   #40
Neinris

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh0rtlife View Post
sheet ice and snow...give it another couple days or so to melt off and ill get it
Thanks!
I completed my rear disc conversion, and I’m pretty happy with the results. There’s one thing I want to redo, move the brackets that got relocated on the middle bar of the H.
I took this pic to see how close 15” wheels gets to the caliper. Although it looks really close in the pic, I think 14” wheels will still work, but not guaranteed until I find one to test fit. Or maybe a little grinding on the caliper would help make some room. Ignore that fact that my wheels are dirty…
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 596E2A87-CF9F-4DF0-9649-97068BC0F0A5.jpeg (302.6 KB, 27 views)
Old 02-27-2023, 03:51 PM   #41
Compeer

Drives: NCP90 TRD Yaris Manual
Quote:
Thanks!
I completed my rear disc conversion, and I’m pretty happy with the results. There’s one thing I want to redo, move the brackets that got relocated on the middle bar of the H.
I took this pic to see how close 15” wheels gets to the caliper. Although it looks really close in the pic, I think 14” wheels will still work, but not guaranteed until I find one to test fit. Or maybe a little grinding on the caliper would help make some room. Ignore that fact that my wheels are dirty…
Don't grind the caliper, you can induce hair line cracking, mine sit that close as well and its fine.
Compeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2023, 03:59 PM   #42
Neinris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compeer View Post
Don't grind the caliper, you can induce hair line cracking, mine sit that close as well and its fine.
Not me, sh0rtlife wants to do a rear disc conversion as well, but wants to retain his 14 inch wheels. I said I think might still work with14's, but may or may not require grinding the calipers just a tad. He's retaining the smaller rotor size up front.
Would you try and acquire a 14" wheel and see if it'd fit in the rear?
Old 02-28-2023, 07:48 AM   #43
Compeer

Drives: NCP90 TRD Yaris Manual
Quote:
Not me, sh0rtlife wants to do a rear disc conversion as well, but wants to retain his 14 inch wheels. I said I think might still work with14's, but may or may not require grinding the calipers just a tad. He's retaining the smaller rotor size up front.
Would you try and acquire a 14" wheel and see if it'd fit in the rear?
No way its fitting on mine, I have about 2mm spare between the rim and caliper, I will take some pics to show it.

Last edited by Compeer; 02-28-2023 at 10:24 AM.
Compeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2023, 03:12 PM   #44
Neinris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compeer View Post
No way its fitting on mine, I have about 2mm spare between the rim and caliper, I will take some pics to show it.
Try taking a picture from the inside.