Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-06-2009, 10:07 PM   #37
b_hickman11

Drives: 08 Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaris2010RS View Post
and i found it retarted that the rs model only comes 5 door, i think the 3 door would look so much better with the body kit then the 5door. i was told the only way they could put the body kit on was if i spend an extra 2000 and even that, they could only put on front and back bumper
Actually your lucky they still even make the RS. Probably within the next 2 years Toyota will stop the RS in the Yaris all-together. So it's good your getting one before they're gone. We Sedan guys are already out of luck on that.
b_hickman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 11:32 PM   #38
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
lol, up until 2010MY the yaris RS was available in 3dr....so 09's that look like '10's have 3dr rs's

hopefully you'll get your car before christmas

hope to see you at a toyota nation meet in the new year (snow or not)

keep your eyes peeled in the canada section for westend meet dates
Old 12-08-2009, 10:19 AM   #39
yaris2010RS

Drives: no-longer-boosted '10 Yaris
will do, and i;m not afraid of driving in snow, its just its a new car and slightly worried
Old 01-01-2010, 04:26 AM   #40
yaris2010RS

just an update in my situation, in case anyone was wondering

Happy holidays everyone btw, lol, just in case u haven't heard that enough.

Jan 1st 2010, still dont have my yaris...... some of u may be wondering y have i been so quiet about it. and that my friend is cuz i bitched and complained and on december 20th, i got a car like he promised me, and that was a 2010 corolla s, this thing is so much fun to drive. cant wait for yaris. he gave me a car with 4,xxx km on it and i get to keep it till i get my car. free of charge. i did see him yesterday and he showed me a paper that said jan 10th was the drop date for my yaris, so should have it soon..... but at least i have wheels now.
Old 01-01-2010, 04:43 AM   #41
upgradedyaris

Drives: Yaris & Supra
You kids need to be more patient. RS is a waste of money IMO. If it had a bigger engine, sure. They ask too much for a few little extras. Good car though, Toyota has been in the family for over 10 years here.
upgradedyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 01:17 PM   #42
thebarber
daily driver

nice deal on scamming the rolla

hope you get your RS soon

upgraded: im of the same mind, but i think its been mentioned much earlier in the thread...
Old 01-02-2010, 12:45 AM   #43
yaris2010RS

gonna be honest, i agree too, i would have been very happy with the 3-dr CE, much less in price but once i saw that body kit, it makes it a different car. and i was told i was only able to get front and rear skirt (no side), and the rims and it would have cost me about 3,000 extra.....when it came down to a price difference of maybe 2,000, for all the extra stuff, y not. i'm 18 now but i want it till i'm 30....okay, fine..... 25, we will see, aiming for about 35. if they are gonna stop making the RS soon, maybe i have a collectors on my hands......
Old 01-02-2010, 10:17 AM   #44
thebarber
daily driver

plenty of RS's around canada....i wouldnt worry about the collector item issue

im still the biggest fan of the 06/07 RS which just had skirts...no f/r lips

however, the 08RS and 09+RS have really grown on me....but only when lowered!

the front seats are also well worth the price.

the new aluminum rims i don't care for personally....but they'd make good winter wheels

factory fogs are nice too...

hope you get that RS soon! i forget what colour you're getting (and im too lazy to check)
Old 01-03-2010, 02:55 AM   #45
yaris2010RS

really...i was told as of december 1st there were only about 14 of them in ontario....

and incase u actually care its gonna be blasing blue. lol. not gonna lie the RS was the only sporty car brand new i could afford. yes the aluminum rims arn't the best looking but deff better then hub caps. prob not gonna put actual rims on for atleast 2 years. gotta pay for school. and yes...... i'm a teen, its gonna get lowered as soon as the snow melts, lol, hoping to go down about 2 1/2 - 4 inches..... its gonna rub the ground, lol.

only planned mods to take place in 2010 are lowering, audio system, and little neat things in and around the car (interior lighting, smoked tags, dash light colour [fucking hate the orange/red] and lowering the front seats. also hoping to add some colour and snazz to the engine bay. over all, not planning on spending too much this year

the entire time i have the car the olny other things i plan are rims, turbo/supercharger, and possibally an x track suspension system. i personally dont like the 09 RS.....
Old 01-03-2010, 01:57 PM   #46
libraryelf

Drives: 2008 Yaris white
If dealership didn't have what you wanted on the lot. Go to different dealership. Geesh, I paid $17,000 for mine in 08. It doesn't have bells and whistles, but it gets me where I need to go. I just did a third oil change, for $64 and some change.
libraryelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 02:01 PM   #47
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Quote:
Originally Posted by libraryelf View Post
If dealership didn't have what you wanted on the lot. Go to different dealership.
Anyone with their heart set on a RS model, as was the OP, will not be able to find one sitting on a dealer lot anywhere.
Old 01-03-2010, 02:05 PM   #48
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Quote:
hoping to go down about 2 1/2 - 4 inches..... its gonna rub the ground, lol.
...and there goes the lip kit.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:20 AM   #49
yaris2010RS

actually in the winter is gonna be amazing, quick way to shovel the snow down my driveway..... now only have to do my moms side..... and prob not gonna drop it that much or at all...we will see.... i have to get it first. and no, u lied, if anyone in the GTA wants the yaris RS that i want, basically the blue one advertized, there is an auto one sitting inside the dealer in orangville. i went by the other day and i almost died when i saw it. looks crazy!! can't wait
Old 01-05-2010, 01:27 AM   #50
yaris2010RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by libraryelf View Post
If dealership didn't have what you wanted on the lot. Go to different dealership. Geesh, I paid $17,000 for mine in 08. It doesn't have bells and whistles, but it gets me where I need to go. I just did a third oil change, for $64 and some change.
wow....it cost u how much for an oil change?? lol, in canada....well brampton ontario it cost $$37 at the dealer....lol. so amarcain cars are cheaper but their oil isn't, lol.

and on jsut about every other situation i would agree, but i'm a teen and i'm sorry, without the lip it is definatly an old lady car. yes i went shopping to inquire about the yaris and i was already sold on a base 3dr but when i saw the RS there was no doubt in my mind that was the cheapest sports car i was gonna get, lol. and when it came down to it, the 3dr i picked out ( with convenience package) the difference was only about $3000 so why not, lol
Old 01-05-2010, 09:28 AM   #51
thebarber
daily driver

Quote:
actually in the winter is gonna be amazing, quick way to shovel the snow down my driveway..... now only have to do my moms side..... and prob not gonna drop it that much or at all...we will see.... i have to get it first. and no, u lied, if anyone in the GTA wants the yaris RS that i want, basically the blue one advertized, there is an auto one sitting inside the dealer in orangville. i went by the other day and i almost died when i saw it. looks crazy!! can't wait
im thinking about selling my prokits in the spring...i could even put them in for you...
Old 01-06-2010, 02:20 AM   #52
swiper
I've made a post!

Drives: 10 Yaris 5Dr HB
I can't blame you for feeling that way.

I was in the same shoes myself. i went on-line for a quote from toyota for a 2010 yaris 5DR HB with A/T, PP and alloy wheels. the next day someone replied and told me they HAVE the model i wanted so i walked in the next day and was credit checked and was given a finance option, remember there was no drive or inspection of any car at this point. I told him can i have it on christmas day? he said no. i said can i have it before new year, he said thats possible. so went home and called back a week later.

2 days before new year i called expecting to pick-up the car but he said it was not available yet. i said how about tomorrow, new year? he said probably.

I called up all the toyota dealers in our area and saw one. i told the salesman , do you have one IN-STOCK he said yes. i went to them he showed me the car i drove it to test and in 3 hours i was driving it home.

moral of the story, dont waste a serious buyers time
swiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 12:58 PM   #53
b_hickman11

Drives: 08 Sedan
So you gave them your information BEFORE actually seeing the car? Thats always rule #1
b_hickman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 03:30 PM   #54
Alien Mantis
Secret Agent

Drives: 2008 Yaris Hatch
Quote:
wow....it cost u how much for an oil change?? lol, in canada....well brampton ontario it cost $$37 at the dealer....lol. so american cars are cheaper but their oil isn't, lol.

and on just about every other situation i would agree, but i'm a teen and i'm sorry, without the lip it is definitely an old lady car. yes i went shopping to inquire about the Yaris and i was already sold on a base 3dr but when i saw the RS there was no doubt in my mind that was the cheapest sports car i was gonna get, lol. and when it came down to it, the 3dr i picked out ( with convenience package) the difference was only about $3000 so why not, lol
Silly rabbit, Trix are for kids.

I buy Castrol oil at Walmart for $13 ( 5-quart jug ).
Oil filter from local dealer is $6.
I do it myself. That way, I know the filter isn't screwed on too tight, and some stupid wrench monkey at the quick-lube doesn't strip my drain plug/oil pan bung.

The Toyota Yaris RS is "the cheapest sports car" you are going to get?
The Yaris is NOT a "sports car". Funny how some people think they are.
The Yaris has ONE engine option, it makes 100 horsepower. Laughable.
The RS/S "sporty" model Yaris is $3,000 more ???
So you pay $3,000 for aluminum rims, and some stick-on body panel crap?
That makes it a "sports car" ?
You can buy aluminum rims for LESS than $100 each through Discount Tire in the USA.
And you have like 100 different models ( or more ) to choose from.

In order for the Yaris to be a true "sports car", they would have to offer a model with a larger TURBO-CHARGED/intercooled engine, beefy sports car suspension, larger brakes, larger wheels and tires, and a transaxle that can handle it all. They might as well redesign the overall shape, too. To make it more aerodynamic. ( lower and wider body )

At the very LEAST, Toyota should offer a larger engine in the RS/S models.
A 1.8L dohc quad valve VVT-i engine with a small turbo.
Or the big 2.4L from the Camry.

To stick some crap on a stock Yaris and call it an RS or S model, and charge $3,000 more for it, is just a rip-off.

The Yaris is a SWEET little car. It's a fuel nibbler, city car. Fun to drive. I LOVE my little Polar white 3-door hatch. But a "sports car" it will NEVER be!