Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-30-2009, 04:14 AM   #1
kelife

Drives: 2007 hatchback yaris
Unhappy problems with O2 sensor from stock header!!

Right now I have a very serious problem with my header O2 sensor><''! About a week ago, I bought a megan header from microimage. (wheeepeeee!!!!) I brought it directly to my frd's auto shop to do the installation! However, my frd told me the O2 sensor from the stock header was bonded too tightly against each other. He said that it might be that the manufacter overtightened the oxygen sensor initially. I saw the O2 sensor nut thingy that he was trying to take off, but he had already stripped the corners. i could tell he tried very hard to take that thingy off. I want to know if i really have to buy another O2 sensor? any places that sell OEM O2 sensor?? any1 encounter this problem when u were trying to remove the stock header?? I am very frustrated at this moment. I would appreciate it very much if you all can answer my questions ><''!!
kelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 04:20 AM   #2
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to YarisSedan
They sell special o2 sensor tools to remove stubborn o2 sensors. Best way is to soak the thing down with wd40 and let it sit overnight. Then break it loose with your best o2 socket.

There have been a few stories of people having simular problem as you. But honestly i think because they dont have experience removing a o2 sensor. I have come across some really really really hard o2 sensors. I have a special tool that utilizis a air chisel device that goes to a o2 sensor socket thats used to break loose the o2.

But it is possible that where some of them are being manufactured they are installe dimproperly
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 04:34 AM   #3
kelife

Drives: 2007 hatchback yaris
Thanks for ur response! that was QUICK!!
kelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 07:25 AM   #4
BLAZINBLUEVITZ

Drives: 2007 YARIS 3DOOR
a few others on here experienced that same issue as well(M911gt).
Old 04-30-2009, 08:43 AM   #5
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
a pipe wrench would do it. :)
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote