Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-15-2006, 10:40 PM   #1
jeff_o

Drives: 07 Yaris
Send a message via ICQ to jeff_o Send a message via MSN to jeff_o Send a message via Yahoo to jeff_o
convenience vs. power package

Hi All, I noticed that a lot of people have yaris that has convenience package and only few has power package. Isn't the power package worth buying? I mean with the convenience of power door locks, power windows. etc etc.?

I went to my dealer this morning and saw 4 yaris sedans in their lot. but only 1 has power package.
jeff_o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 11:06 PM   #2
johnnyfive

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
personally i wouldnt buy a new car w/o power....but somepeople would save the money and just crank thier windows, and lean to pull locks :)

its all really just what you want.
johnnyfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 11:28 PM   #3
hans_fh

Drives: Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_o
Hi All, I noticed that a lot of people have yaris that has convenience package and only few has power package. Isn't the power package worth buying? I mean with the convenience of power door locks, power windows. etc etc.?

I went to my dealer this morning and saw 4 yaris sedans in their lot. but only 1 has power package.
Hi Jeffo, you get lucky. The dealers in my area (Utah) do not have any Yaris available for test drive or sale. I have to put $500 and wait for 3 months to get my car
hans_fh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 12:00 AM   #4
tekmoe
ex-yaris owner

Drives: 08 solstice gxp, 06 triumph s3
Send a message via AIM to tekmoe
anything that uses motors such as power windows and power locks has more chance of breaking. that stuff ain't cheap either. i'd rather save the money and use some good ol fashioned elbow grease to crank those window arms and flip those door locks. my yaris will have convenience pkg only.
tekmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 12:30 AM   #5
hans_fh

Drives: Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekmoe
anything that uses motors such as power windows and power locks has more chance of breaking. that stuff ain't cheap either. i'd rather save the money and use some good ol fashioned elbow grease to crank those window arms and flip those door locks. my yaris will have convenience pkg only.
I strongly agree with you.
hans_fh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 12:32 AM   #6
static808
Engineer/Artist/House-Dad

Drives: 2006 Toyota Sienna XLE
we havent recieved our yaris yet, but is it true that non-power package yarii liftbacks have NO interior controls/handles for the side mirrors?? meaning that you would have to physically reach outisde of the windows to adjust the side mirrors?? i sat inside of a liftback with the conv. package and noticed this, so we immeidately orderd ours with the steelie power package. thanks for any input regarding this matter...!!

-B

ps: the wifey and i will both be driving the car, so easy adjustability (seats, mirrors, side mirrors, etc...) is very important for us...
Old 10-16-2006, 08:58 AM   #7
pxpaulx

Drives: Barcelona Red 5spd sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by static808
we havent recieved our yaris yet, but is it true that non-power package yarii liftbacks have NO interior controls/handles for the side mirrors?? meaning that you would have to physically reach outisde of the windows to adjust the side mirrors?? i sat inside of a liftback with the conv. package and noticed this, so we immeidately orderd ours with the steelie power package. thanks for any input regarding this matter...!!

-B

ps: the wifey and i will both be driving the car, so easy adjustability (seats, mirrors, side mirrors, etc...) is very important for us...
our sedan with convenience package has interior mirror adjustments.
pxpaulx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 12:59 PM   #8
Bidoup

Drives: 07 Yaris Hatch 3dr BB
I took only the Convenience package (Called Package B in Canada), it comes with electric mirrors, thats it. I choosed that to save a bit of money, you know I'm young so I'm still able to crank the window and turn the key in the lock. hehe
Bidoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 01:25 PM   #9
jeff_o

Drives: 07 Yaris
Send a message via ICQ to jeff_o Send a message via MSN to jeff_o Send a message via Yahoo to jeff_o
i guess each to his/her own :) i've had 5 cars with manual windows and locks. and i'm starting to get tired of leaning over side or back just to roll down/up the windows and double check every door is locked... i'm lazy hahaha.
jeff_o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 01:25 PM   #10
60 Somethings
Old Folks

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB, 2006 4Runner V8
In the U.S. the Power Pkg also includes the 60/40-split rear seat, which you will probably want with a small child inorder to increase your load space with the three of you in the car.

It will also allow for a completely flat area when the seat is folded down.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:17 PM   #11
sroberts

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
I LOOOOOOVE my power package. So glad I waited.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:19 PM   #12
paeko73

Drives: Yaris "S" Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekmoe
Wait a minute. Think about this as an example: With power windows/door locks, all you need to do is press a button and all your doors will be locked before you exit and leave the car. Without that option, one day you might forget to lock the other door(s) manually, and a car thief passes by and sees that opportunity! You will be ended up losing more things of value than losing the $$ to fix those motors in a LOOONNG run. Yes, "LOOONNG" because Toyota has been known for their reliability.
paeko73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 02:35 PM   #13
Violin

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB Auto
With Toyota quality built in, I'd be very surprised if the window motors or lock actuators wear out in less than 200,000 miles.

I personally wouldn't buy the car without the power package - in fact I almost bought something else because it was so hard to find (glad I didn't though).

To each their own though.
Violin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 02:57 PM   #14
tomjasz
Banned

Drives: 07 Black Yaris LB, 05 Camry LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by hans_fh
I strongly agree with you.
350 bucks in parts!! jeezuz guys, whats the big deal!
tomjasz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 04:24 PM   #15
ECHOKnight2000
Small Car Lover

Drives: A Super Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_o

At this moment so far it seems most of the Yarii coming in are convience package, and if you want to order pwr package, it might be months so people compromise if you say so they can get their Yaris! Some people can't afford to wait that long or they are too excited to get one they don't have patients. There are some exceptions and you could be lucky. But for the U.S. at least most are convience packages, from what I'm reading.
Old 10-16-2006, 04:42 PM   #16
mygrnthmb
swappin cogs

Drives: 07 Yaris l/b 5spd
Send a message via Yahoo to mygrnthmb
I chose the conv. pkg. It was strictly an economical decision. And hey! There's only 2 windows on my liftback anyway.
mygrnthmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 05:00 PM   #17
argylesocks
Bears eat beets.

Drives: Yaris LB
eh. i would have liked it. but whatever. now that i have had the car a while, it dont bother me at all. i kinda like the minimalistic approach of the car.

i would like those 60/40 rear seats though :(
(can i buy that?)
Old 10-16-2006, 07:02 PM   #18
tekmoe
ex-yaris owner

Drives: 08 solstice gxp, 06 triumph s3
Send a message via AIM to tekmoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by mygrnthmb
I chose the conv. pkg. It was strictly an economical decision. And hey! There's only 2 windows on my liftback anyway.
preach on brotha. if i had bought the sedan, yeah, i probably would have opted for the power pkg. but 2 windows and 2 locks...cmon...!
tekmoe is offline   Reply With Quote