Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 05-31-2018, 11:01 PM   #1
fan_aLba

Drives: 2008 Yaris s
Summer tires that don't tramline

I Recently picked up a set of all season 195/55-15 HANKOOK VENTUS V2 CONCEPT 2. The tires tramline like crazy on the highway pulling to the groves on Socal freeways. I have heard that a solid center rib ( like this tire has ) can cause this on freeways with groves which they all have in la.

I had the car aligned when i got the tires and after ( with some toe in within spec and it changed nothing ) i just purchased this 08 yaris the car is stock, but i do have another yaris so i am familiar with how the car feels.

So i am looking for a new set of tires and i wanna stick with a summer tire or sporty all season in the same size. Anyone have experience with a set of summer tires that don't tramline on this car ?
fan_aLba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 11:38 PM   #2
Runethecursed

Drives: 2009 Yaris S
Federal RSR-RR... little bit more road noise. grips everywhere, offramps at 80, you know the spiel

also got them in 205/55-15? which was around 84 bucks a corner
Runethecursed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 08:20 AM   #3
dogsridewith

Drives: 2007 2-door hatchback
tramline road grooves tires Yaris crosswind/gust sensitivity

If tramlining is disconcerting little jerks left and right, might it matter less once you get used to it? Does it require steering input corrections? Or, until accepted, incite unnecessary steering inputs? When learned, does tramlining require as much driver correction as Yaris hatchback crosswind/gust sensitivity?
(Where road noise in Yaris will never be less intrusive w/ time.)
dogsridewith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 11:50 AM   #4
fan_aLba

Drives: 2008 Yaris s
Ya you have to make corrections it just depends on how bad the car moves around, you get use to it but it makes the car feel like shit and in no way is acceptable for a 100 mile drive to work a day. You get crosswinds and tramlining its twice as bad. You can just let the car do what it wants but when you hit some bad grooves the car will start to pull to the other lanes so you have to correct
fan_aLba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 12:35 PM   #5
dogsridewith

Drives: 2007 2-door hatchback
California road grooving tramlining Toyota Yaris

This grooving is to make drainage for water and prevent hydroplaning?
Donorcycles just find other routes?
dogsridewith is offline   Reply With Quote