Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-27-2018, 11:18 AM   #1
myfirstyota
3 Yaris and counting..

Drives: 07 Yaris rs 3 door 2zr swaped
The xd Swap thread

So first things first, a big thanks to Crankyoldman, Tmontague, Armstrongracing, Brushforhire and anyone else who's made a swap thread or answered my quesions. Without your input and willingness to share what you've learned in your swaps, guys like me and other members wouldn't have been able to complete our swaps. Again, a huge thanks to you all.

This build thread pertains to a 2007 non immobilizer M/T 2 door hatchback Canadian model Yaris
Swapped with a 2011 immobilizer equipped Canadian model Scion xD M/T

The Background Story
I'm sure a few of the regular members are wondering "who's this guy and where the #$%@ did he come from?" I've only got 20 posts and have already swapped. Pretty well a stranger to this forum.

Well my name is Owen and I've been lurking the forum for almost 3 years now after buying my first Yaris in January 2016.

I'm not new to wrenchin' and have built a car before. It was a '90 VW jetta coupe sporting coilovers, full exhaust, stripped interior, bigger disk brakes all around, and a supercharged 2.0L under the hood, and a pile of other goodies. It was fun to say the least.

Bit of a rat rod if you will lol

I'm the kinda guy that can't leave a car alone so it wasn't long before I had wild dreams for the Yaris.

The Legacy

My first Yaris: 2007 silver 2 door base model hatchback with a 5 speed m/t dubbed 'Yaroos'. The car was a little rough around the edges but only had 114k on the odometer. I ended up swapping in some tein s-tech springs and a TRD rear sway bar. Made for a nice little sporty daily driver. The demise of this car was it getting rear ended sitting at a red light. The car had 260k on the clock and I squeezed $3900 out of the insurance company.

The truck is my Yaris hauler. I've dragged 2 yari and an xD home with that fuel pig. Always runs, but its a thorn in my side. Seems every time I get in it something else is broken or fuckd :/ wish it was a tundra lol

Enter car 2...

My Second (and current) Yaris: a 2008 blue 2 door hatchback with a couple options and a 5 speed m/t dubbed 'Yar-two-oos' I snagged this car with 160 on the clock for $2500. It is also a little rough around the edges and needed about $300 in OEM Toyota parts plus the brembo brakes I removed form the written off car to meet certification. This car currently sits on 2011 scion xD springs and a wild 205/65/15 winter tires. As you can see, the front rebar mount with tow hook attachment from the xd donor car made it to the Yaris. The rebar supports are symmetrical so you can fit the tow hook side on the other side if flipped upside down. There's a 3-4" lift kit in the works.

The third car is the reason you're here.

About April of this year, I was looking for a replacement car. The blue car I currently drive sprouted an engine light. Something of the evap variety. With the mileage on the vehicle and how much it would have come my next emissions test, I couldn't picture dropping $800+ on evap parts for a car with 300k+ when I could just buy a new car for a couple grand.

While killing time at work I stumbled on a gem. A 2007 (non immobilizer) 2 door RS model in red with a 5 speed m/t and a mere 139k on the clock. I pounced. Snagged that for just over 3 grand. We call this one 'Redcar'

Then we Ontarians got the news... The best news a gear head could ask for.... You got it, the end of emissions tests!!!! Standalone for all!!! Hahaha but then I realized I was stuck with two Yari...

Well, when you get served lemons (stuck with 2 cars) you make really fast lemonade I guess. I got the idea of a stealthy sleeper with insane amounts of horsepower for its weight. But mostly I just wanted to keep up with my buddies new acquisition, a bone stock looking 2001 4 door golf. Nothing special... Till you popped the hood. There sits a turbo 1.9l pumping out 470 geldings on pump gas at 24 pressure units. Holy fuck, can you say Porsche smasher? And mustang smasher, and camaro smasher and c5 corvette destroyer? I could go on... I know I'll never keep up with him with a 2zr swap.. But what if it was boosted? And built? Forged rods, valve springs, 20something psi? I think were getting close.

So on to the goods.

The Idea:

A bone stock looking 2007 rs with 300+ to the wheels.

Mods list:
•2zr engine+ trans swap from a 2011 scion xd (Canadian model)
•Monkeywrench racing lightened steel flywheel
•ACT 6 puck, sprung disk clutch/w HD pressure plate
•Magnaflow 2.25" stainless mandrel bent exhaust
•Tein s-tech springs
•Bilstein B8 shocks all around
•TRD rear sway bar
•xD front sway bar
•No backseat or trunk plastic. All panels from b-pillars forward still there
•Scion xd front calipers with Yaris se rotors
•Agency Power brake lines, front and rear
•Brembo front pads with new material rotors rotors (No recycled content)
•2012 yaris SE rear axle and disk brake setup
•Battery relocated to floor behind seat
•Morimoto xb type T foglights
•ProLightz PLX3 led headlights (this guy is in Gatineau Quebec. Real knowledgeable guy, good products. Pretty sure he ships)
•Cruise control (hopefully. Anyone know if this works with the swap?) Edit: the diy cruise control mod works with the 2zr swap!
•2.5" chopped out of the seat mounts for that extra low feeling
•Steering wheel column dropped down to match seats

Future plans:
•TKC turbo kit
•Quaife LSD
•Built engine

The Plan

Simple, boost, boost and more boost!

How I did/doing it...

Last edited by myfirstyota; 09-08-2019 at 08:34 AM.
myfirstyota is offline   Reply With Quote