Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Fuel Economy Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-05-2011, 11:09 AM   #1
rick996

Drives: 2010 5 door hatch w/5 sp man.
Trip elevation data

While looking up how big the hills were in my area I ran into a great tool to show the elevation data for a trip. This explains why I can get over 50 MPG going on my usual Friday trip and only 40 MPG coming back.

Here is the data for a route that I will be traveling today (one way):

I can see that I will be getting better mileage going than when I do the return trip.

The site where you get this is http://www.gpsvisualizer.com.

Go to Google maps and plan your route. When you have your route directions click on the link button at the upper right of the screen. Copy the "Paste link in email or IM" url, then go to the gpsvisualizer site. Paste this link in the area "Or provide the URL of data on the Web:" (3rd down on the right) and click on the "Draw the profile" button.

You can also set params before you draw. I changed metric measurement to miles/feet and colorized by slope percent.

Hope you find this useful.

rick996 is offline   Reply With Quote