Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-10-2016, 06:10 AM   #1
Henrijs

Drives: Toyota Yaris SR 1.8
New owner questions.

Before I start Id like to say, yes I have seen the new members thread, and the FAQ thread. Anyway...

I recently bought a 2007 Yaris SR 1.8

I just have a few question regarding mods, not this is the fastest car Ive owned to date so it will keep me entertained for a while. But I am a bit of a petrolhead and cant help but look into mods so when I decide to do something I have the knowledge to hand.

Ive seen a few good mods on the Fensport page, and Im thinking likely first purchases are going to be panel filter replacement and chassis reinforcement. More ambitiously Ive seen turbo kits for the 2ZR-FE for Corollas, Im wondering if there's major clearance issues getting anything like that under the bonnet of a yaris? Also noticed the same engine is in certain models of the Lotus Elise in supercharged form, is it worth investigating Lotus parts to upgrade the yaris? Or have the Lotus R&D team at lotus changed so much that id be better off just buying a Lotus engine and getting things like intake pipes and exhaust manifold custom built? Of course all this engine talk is a bit ambitious for now, I just like to keep informed in case I do decide to do it. What other mods would you guys recommend? I know theres a brake kit for 17" wheels, as for suspension the standard car is already lower and stiffer than the standard yaris, Im not sure if its something I should hurry into doing.

Any bits of advice and suggestions are welcome.
Henrijs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 10:25 AM   #2
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
That is a sweet little Yaris.

Congrats and enjoy.
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 06:11 PM   #3
Henrijs

Drives: Toyota Yaris SR 1.8
Follow up question, is the chassis number XP90 for ZSP90. I thought chassis numbers would be the simple way to cut out confusion about which car you're talking about, as it's the same for every car of a generation across model names, versions, and rebadged versions. This is confusing me though.
Henrijs is offline   Reply With Quote