Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-19-2013, 03:35 AM   #1
mr_miles

Drives: 2013 Yaris
3rd gen 1zz tb swap

This thread is mostly to get something documented I cant find via search (most likely because I'm not typing the right words) and to help clarify some questions other people may have about this mod on their third gen. Mods, feel free to move this thread if need be :)

This is all with a 0d030 chip..........and the Micro image intake manifold. You may experience some differences with the OEM manifold.

First install with ECU reset netted 4 rev's from roughly 800 to 2000, then idled at 2200 until warm.

Cold start is the typical 2-3k rpm range, except mine drops to "normal" revs in less than a minute.

Hot start on gen 3 is roughly 1800 rpm, then it creeps down to a varying 1100 to 700 ish.

No CEL's yet, I've driven probably close to 200 miles.

When DFCO kicks in, YOU FEEL IT. At times it almost feels unnatural how the car jolts.

with that above statement said, Cruise control still functions normally. I only say this because I've noticed that some CC setups (mostly aftermarket ones*cough* Rostra*cough*) can cease to hold your speed with slight jolts like that or bumps.

me commenting on power differences is negligible as I have the MI intake manifold i installed at the same time.

on to one of the issues, so we can discuss that :D

The part I can't find via searching, is all the rev hunting I am experiencing.
Foot on the gas, the car is great. foot OFF the gas in NEUTRAL, we have problems. It hunts for revs. It drops to roughly 700, then jumps to 2000, drops to 800, jumps to 2000, does the jump to 800 once more, then crawls to 3200 and falls to an idle of a varying 800 - 1200.

before I mess with the set idle screw, I'll do the chip swap, as I'm not entirely sure it's an idle issue so much as a "can't find home" issue.

Questions / comments, i'll contribute as much as I can :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarisugi View Post
Ahhh now I see. Your backseat pulls out, but you don't. :)
mr_miles is offline   Reply With Quote