Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-15-2012, 09:38 PM   #235
bzinn 1

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB
Been busy prepping for move to the new house on the 1st so everything has been kinda in limbo.

I gotta build an aluminum frame for the amp to mount to,moving it from the rear seat frame to a bit further back and the airtank floor will be suspended over it,still gotta work out those logistics...lol

I have to say that the CF vinyl although not hard to work with was definatly a two person job to have someone working the hair dryer is a must to get it to stretch cleanly.

I promise shortly after the 1st to have the CF all in adn good pictures....still wont have the airride in till June it looks...I am building an interior for my buddie and for doing it I get free pair of 400cc compressors and most likely he is selling me one of his air tanks for cheap as he is putting in a diffeerant setup in his xB

It has been an amazing build for me to see how the car has evolved,I stuck fairly close to my original list of thinks to mod...I hope by summers end to have the car mostly complete and then probably enjoy it as is for a while and then figure out some paint.

Big items on list are airride.....interior complete....and camber 1.5 in front and 3 in back.
bzinn 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:13 AM   #236
bzinn 1

6 of 10 interior pieces CF Vinyl wrapped....still got doors where the cloth is at the top but have to pull my components out and the Xovers off to pull the panels,waiting for a nice sunny day off.

STill have the C pannel on passenger side and the grey panel under the passenger rear side window to go along with the doors...so far so good as long as I do not run out short as I screwed up one A pillar and that ate a bunch of material to redo it right.

Got new house to a very livable start,got some flower beds dug this weekend and the yards mowed.....

Did find a nice huge Oak office desk and a sofa in the back shed in great condition....lol

Well this saturday I will post up some pictures of the interior so far....I cant work on it this week as I am doing two other jobs that I have to complete to get paid....
Old 06-13-2012, 01:14 AM   #237
bzinn 1

Sorry I got a bit sidetracked with new house and my Mom's health....which is doing much better but she retired finally and is living at my house....she is a cool Mom so for me it is nice to have her around.

Car is in pieces in the inside right now,spent some hours smoothing out panels in side and prepping for paint.

Saturday I will finish the prep and have ready for painting the pieces....the CF vinyl was a pain and I gave up and pulled it all out.

I will post up pictures on Saturday
Old 06-24-2012, 12:14 AM   #238
bzinn 1

finally got some pictures......super busy but managed to get a first coat of icing on the steering column and some primer and paint....not the final color but something to see none the less...lol

Old 09-23-2013, 09:42 PM   #239
bzinn 1

hello everyone...yes I have been gone for a while...still rolling the yaris...

Well it is nearly complete...this year I found out I had a huge 401k....well not huge but $5000 in 401k that I had no idea I even had so after penalties and taxes I got $3800....so paid of the car....paid off 2 $900 credit cards...and bought airride system for car...it is due here any day now...still have the rear bags and perches to buy and fittings and lines...$350...

Car is now rhinolinered on all parts that I glassed adn bondoed last year and came out sick...includes headliner...huge sound dampening effect...

rear false floor is built and amp mounted...platforms for chrome tank and compressors made and CF plates for them made and mounted...just awaiting parts....

painted centers of Axis OGs blue and stripped clear off lips and polished...way better...car going satin paint next year...

still got a few interior pieces to glass and paint and a huge pile of LEDs to install inside and under the hood...it is dark and grey out here in PNW for next 7 months so lights are the fun thing to do over a winter...

got back to work...working for Goodwill Industries as a building maintenance worker...make just a small bit less an hour but got 6 more paid holidays and 1 more paid sick day....so it is a win...and it is a stress free job....and company phone and vehichal...dont miss Sears at all...nearly lost house and car this year but made it through....I will in a month post up pictures of build...these will be the enarly finished pics casue there is not much left to do...

Gonna buy a toyota truck...an old one and use it to daily drive...and build it for fun while drivetrane gets built in yaris....not as extreme as Garms...I wish...but enough to let them know it is fast enough to smoke them

stay safe this Winter guys...took 5 long years and went through hell and back and still building the car...
Old 09-24-2013, 12:21 AM   #240
yarisugi
やりすぎだ~

Drives: Me: Nuts:
Whoa... almost like that guy who slept under a tree for forty years!
Welcome back. Need to see what type of air ride you got along with... MOAR PICS!!
yarisugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 12:27 AM   #241
TOLMACH

Drives: soarer
^ Glad to hear you are working again!!
TOLMACH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 08:11 PM   #242
bzinn 1

Sorry been gone so long...uploading pictures to photobucket now...give me a minute and I will post them
Old 10-31-2013, 08:18 PM   #243
bzinn 1

Ok so here is my ride as of today

Old 10-31-2013, 08:36 PM   #244
bzinn 1

As you can see my plan for interior changed a lot over the course of a year...all of the interior parts that were glassed were changed from being painted to being Rhino Linered...durable,and provides a bit of sound deadening....

My sub blew a coil wire,should be able to have it resoldered but had a backup that I installed and honestly it is close to as loud and clear..does not hit as hard but still hits very hard...

The setup is Universal Air

dual Viare 480 compressors
chrome 5 gallon tank
Yaris/xD rear bags mount
Manual paddles
1/4 DOT line and push to connect fittings
Used a xD heat/cool panel to mount gauges under the steering wheel,still need to complete that install...for now it is zip tied in place

Had to notch the rear diffuser to make room for the Flowmaster which had to be pulled over 2" to center of car to give clearance for rear bag

Fronts will go lower if I remove the front sway bar...still debating...for now leaving it in as it does give me a failsafe should a i blow a front line it wont drop on tire and hinder turning.

Debating fenderflares and cutting fenders to allow a 25mm front spacer and a 25mm rear hub spacer...and push out the wheels a bit...still need to try some differant fitment wheels with like a 10 and 0 offset first to see how far out it goes to mock up how much to cut...would jsut change out wheels but I love these for now so spacers it may be first.
Old 10-31-2013, 08:43 PM   #245
bzinn 1

As to cost...I lost track....I know for certain I have $1850 in the bag setup alone...that does not include the wires,false floor,fuses,splitters for power block...that I would guess at around $200 more...then LEDs which will be installed soon I guess a good $150 plus I am getting an underglow setup from buddies xB to install as well.

door panels where they have the blue polkadots will be replaced soon with black headliner material

also used xD heater/cooling control knobs to replace the tonka toy looking ones car came with...that was another $35 but they came with the knob panel which is working perfedctly for holding the gauges

The ride...well it can ride a finger gap over the tires and does not rub...very stiff ride,close to coilover stiff.when low it is a little bouncy but that is fine

The MI hood fitment is dead on except the latch,took a file and 10 minutes and it works flawlessly....get one while he has them guys it is a nice hood and for the cost you cant go wrong.