Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-01-2009, 04:46 PM   #1
trini_per4mance

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris S Sedan
Can the Yaris handle 6psi with stock ECU, injectors and fuel pump?

If the Yaris can handle the 6psi of boost, i will be able to build the cheapest and simplest supercharger kit on the market today and be able to sell it to anyone who wants one. if it's just a matter of upgrading the fuel pump and using some slightly bigger injectors and letting the ECU do the rest. then i think i could really pull this off. the kit would comprise of a supercharger(duh!), an intake pipe from the supercharger to the throttle body, a BOV on the intake pipe and maybe bigger injectors and fuel pump(depending on the Yaris responds to 6psi stock). so, please let me know what you guys think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnTlNLz9Iqc

http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2010/...le_cars/5.html

http://www.subcompactculture.com/200...-miles-on.html
trini_per4mance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 04:55 PM   #2
33OH

Drives: '08 Yaris
From what I've read on the Forced Induction forum; the stock fuel pump will definitely work and stock injectors should work as well. But I am by no means any sort of expert on the subject.

But I would be interested, depending on price, if it works. =)
33OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 05:57 PM   #3
PHXDEMON

Drives: 2007 Red Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryank View Post
From what I've read on the Forced Induction forum; the stock fuel pump will definitely work and stock injectors should work as well. But I am by no means any sort of expert on the subject.

But I would be interested, depending on price, if it works. =)
+1 stock pump/injectors should handle 6 psi. Just need a piggyback for the ECU.
PHXDEMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 12:35 AM   #4
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Blitz supercharger blows 7 psi with stock injectors and fuel system. I ran an 8psi turbo set up with Scion tC injectors and stock fuel system otherwise.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 03:45 PM   #5
gwasabi

Drives: 07 Blazing Blue LB
sorry to thread jack but just a quick question. Can the yaris ecu handle a 5-6 psi with no piggyback?

MunkyWurks Garage - 8088488794
gwasabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 03:55 PM   #6
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Garm can answer that best, I believe he ran his car prior to this with 8psi on stock electronics with just bigger injectors.. Gave a couple CELs of course, but with lower boost you *may* be able to get away with it

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 04:03 PM   #7
gwasabi

I was planning to build a turbo kit but I don't want to bother with a piggyback management for now so I was planning to run a low boost for a while just to get the kit started.

Old 05-03-2009, 04:14 PM   #8
Nexus1155
Bathroom + Laptop = <3

Drives: Audi
Send a message via AIM to Nexus1155
Ughhhh since no one asked this yet.... What model supercharger, how do you plan on using a BOV and why would you need one? You're leaving alot to imagination and I hope you can provide some solid good answers! :)

I've been planning on making a turbo kit for a while, but it's been all talk and research research research until I'm starting to pull a few strings and get things together with my business.
Nexus1155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 04:32 PM   #9
gwasabi

Honestly, I still think the Power Enterprise Supercharger kit is still the best one I've seen so far. far better than the blitz. This is only from videos I've seen from japan.

Old 05-04-2009, 07:08 PM   #10
PHXDEMON

Drives: 2007 Red Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwasabi View Post
Honestly, I still think the Power Enterprise Supercharger kit is still the best one I've seen so far. far better than the blitz. This is only from videos I've seen from japan.
Speaking of which didn't someone on here get that kit? i think it was frownonfun or something like that.
PHXDEMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 09:26 PM   #11
Nexus1155
Bathroom + Laptop = <3

yeah and then never updated anyone or anything and then Power Enterprise Evan went off the face of this earth... sounds like something shady went down to me!!! Hope someone knows if the guy(s) are okay
Old 05-05-2009, 08:04 AM   #12
33OH

frownonfun got it finally, hes been working on translating the instructions from Japanese to English last I heard.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:22 AM   #13
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
i don't see how a centrifugal supercharger is "better" than a positive displacement SC.. but to each their own.
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 09:12 AM   #14
Nexus1155
Bathroom + Laptop = <3

I don't see why you would need to translate instructions from Japanese to English if its just like 10 parts... couple pipes, bracket, supercharger, what else?
Old 05-05-2009, 09:40 AM   #15
33OH

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16426
Old 05-06-2009, 12:14 AM   #16
trini_per4mance

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris S Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus1155 View Post
Ughhhh since no one asked this yet.... What model supercharger, how do you plan on using a BOV and why would you need one? You're leaving alot to imagination and I hope you can provide some solid good answers! :)

I've been planning on making a turbo kit for a while, but it's been all talk and research research research until I'm starting to pull a few strings and get things together with my business.
I'd like to tell you what model supercharger, but I won't. All I can tell you about the supercharger I have in mind, it's a maintenance-free unit. No oil required. The BOV will be located on the one and only piping that goes from the supercharger to the throttle body. I would use a BOV to prevent any boost from putting a strain on the impeller and for those who love the sound. I'm looking to run as much boost as possible with as little mods as possible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnTlNLz9Iqc

http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2010/...le_cars/5.html

http://www.subcompactculture.com/200...-miles-on.html
trini_per4mance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 08:20 AM   #17
scape

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
call me ignorant, but i've never heard a SC using a bov, wouldn't that defeat the purpose of the SC?
scape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 08:26 AM   #18
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
Quote:
Originally Posted by scape View Post
call me ignorant, but i've never heard a SC using a bov, wouldn't that defeat the purpose of the SC?
superchargers generally use bypass valves or butterfly valves. i wouldn't a BOV on a stock ecu'd car, especially if the bov is located between the MAF and throttlebody. you aren't delivering metered air to the engine, it's being vented to atmosphere.
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote