Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-30-2007, 01:51 PM   #1
sharkalos
I've made a post!

Drives: yaris VVTI
AM Radio fine FM radio non-existent!!

Hello folks! This is my first post on this forum having acquired my first ever Yaris yesterday. Its the VVTI 1.0 Year 2000 (X-reg). I have a problem with the radio antenna in that it picks up AM stations fine but really cant deal with FM frequencies. I spoke to the previous owner and they claim it was fine before they put it through the carwash before selling. They tell me it was taken off before the wash and replaced afterwards - is there any chance that if the antenna was left on that this could be the reason for the problem? Is a replacement antenna the way forward? Or should I look to replace the system? Its the standard integral tape player radio. Can anyone recommend anything please please please? Ideally I am looking to get MP3 and radio sorted for the car.

I really appreciate your help.

Cheers M
sharkalos is offline   Reply With Quote