Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-08-2009, 10:18 PM   #37
frownonfun

Drives: 09 Yaris HB, 08 SR5 Tundra
Quote:
Originally Posted by camelll View Post
You still have not told us how you paid. Credit card or bank transfer. Either way you go you will not be out your money. If you did a bank transfer then you are fdic insured and file a fraud report with your bank and if you paid credit then you can dispute the charges but you will more than likely need a police report to prove to either bank.

right. sorry. i paid w/ credit card.

and yeah just right this moment i don't wanna go contacting any law enforcement cause it just seems a little too early for that. i'm gonna try calling evan's cell (thanks to peterpoop) and email him a few more times to let him know i have filed the claim.

anyway thanks again for the help.

Last edited by frownonfun; 04-08-2009 at 10:19 PM. Reason: too not to
frownonfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 11:12 PM   #38
RHDVIPbB
Right beside you, wave

Drives: 08 PBM Yaris Sedan
yikes. Sorry to hear. Maybe I am glad that I skipped on this and am buying a full kit from a Yaris owner in Europe.

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan. Pacific Blue Mica. Custom vinyl eyebrows, color matched interior trim pieces, Vios lip spoiler, 17" Maas rims

2010 Scion xB 7.0 Release Series. 1535 of 2000. Murasaki. Stock with TRD springs.
RHDVIPbB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 01:35 PM   #39
wiirenet

Drives: Black '09 2dr HB
Send a message via MSN to wiirenet
Can anyone link the original post this evan was selling the kits in? Just out of curiousity I want to read it.
wiirenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 01:36 PM   #40
33OH

Drives: '08 Yaris
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13372
33OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 08:51 PM   #41
frownonfun

well i got a tracking number finally.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:21 PM   #42
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
Question is, are you tracking the kit, or a bag of potato chips?
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 09:41 PM   #43
frownonfun

Quote:
Originally Posted by PETERPOOP View Post
Question is, are you tracking the kit, or a bag of potato chips?
lol... yeah well it's a heavy bag of potato chips if it is. i don't know. me thinks that this is more a matter of terrible customer service really. i don't think Evan is that stupid. but i could be wrong. i hope i'm not.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:06 PM   #44
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by camelll View Post
peter you need to add leanest air/fuel ration on a blitz s/c yaris to your signature! Sorry for the off topic post.

Hope it all goes well glad to see he is following through.
Ill add once I put my wideband on and see if the readings are the same. The dyno guys measured from the tail pipe. I have a feeling my wideband will be more accurate (seeing it's right below the header).
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 11:05 PM   #45
bobselectric
Kickin' Yaris

Drives: 07 Yaris liftback
not for nothing, but I read the entire thread and I have to say that Evan is a real asshole towards the end there. If you are representing a product or a company, and you are trying to sell a new product to a new market, you don't get all up in anyones face about repetitive posts and start sending "caveatipse" messages to people. If he represented my company, he would have been fired around the sixth or early seventh page.
I, myself, am not in the market for a boost system, but if I ever am (c'mon lotto!) it definitely will not be A PE product
bobselectric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 12:25 AM   #46
contraband831
El Huevo

Drives: 2007 Liftback
^ YUP!

contraband831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 02:02 AM   #47
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
My goodness!!!

I just read the 18 pp thread (long read for someone like me who does not know anything about engines except when they go fast and when they don't, or when it's time to call AAA and of course I won't be able to offer you any technical advice, but what I get from that thread is that this Evan guy is an immature jerk (I'm being polite). Everything was going pretty smoothly in the beginning (BTW, pretty funny remark about using the unhappy poster's Yaris [I won't name her!] as a guinea pig, but I doubt she'd be happy with that idea ) but I almost fell off my chair when I saw the bit about providing him a copy of your DL... SAY WHAT?!!!

In the future, the minute someone says something like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Enterprise Evan
**UPDATE**
nyone outside the immediate So Cal area that DOES NOT go through one of PE's authorized dealers <b> will have to include a copy of their state DL and credit card (both sides) for insurance verification</b> that we will receive our videos, commentary, and dyno sheets. Those who fail to comply will be charged MSRP PLUS Fees for breaking contract rules....
on a thread, do yourself a favor and WALK AWAY FROM THE DEAL, whatever the deal is!!! I mean it.

NOBODY should get a copy of anybody's DL online, WTF?!!!

The fact that he didn't want to take a credit card over the phone is also weird. Unless may be he was on a cell phone? I've never heard of a merchant or a dealer or manufacturer who couldn't take a credit card number over the phone. RED FLAG.

As to the sympathy you felt because he was taking a bit of heat from the forum members, well, that's what happens when you sell stuff online. I should know, I've sold stuff on e-bay before and you sometime have to work real hard to see listings through.

Times are tough for all of us, and since we're in a recession, we're entitled to be a bit more careful before parting with our hard earned $$$, so yeah, he has to work harder at selling the product but on the other end, we do too have to work harder at keeping our jobs lately, so it's hard for everybody.

Some posts appear to have been deleted but I could see him getting angry w/ Ryan at some point, after Ryan said he likes his Yaris as a DD. Can't handle criticism? hmmm. Later on he's telling people to get off "his thread" and shut up?!!! Hmmmm...

The comments left by the posters saying that the manufacturer could eat the cost of the first one so we know it works, were valid.

You are a good person, FrownOnFun, and I hope you get to have fun with your kit once you finally get it put it together on your car but I'm not sure that guy even deserves your business.

Sorry for the long post, guys.

Last edited by tomato; 04-10-2009 at 03:02 AM. Reason: clarity
tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 02:03 AM   #48
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobselectric View Post
not for nothing, but I read the entire thread and I have to say that Evan is a real asshole towards the end there. If you are representing a product or a company, and you are trying to sell a new product to a new market, you don't get all up in anyones face about repetitive posts and start sending "caveatipse" messages to people. If he represented my company, he would have been fired around the sixth or early seventh page.
I, myself, am not in the market for a boost system, but if I ever am (c'mon lotto!) it definitely will not be A PE product
+1
tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 08:08 AM   #49
33OH

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomato View Post
My goodness!!!

I just read the 18 pp thread (long read for someone like me who does not know anything about engines except when they go fast and when they don't, or when it's time to call AAA and of course I won't be able to offer you any technical advice, but what I get from that thread is that this Evan guy is an immature jerk (I'm being polite). Everything was going pretty smoothly in the beginning (BTW, pretty funny remark about using the unhappy poster's Yaris [I won't name her!] as a guinea pig, but I doubt she'd be happy with that idea ) but I almost fell off my chair when I saw the bit about providing him a copy of your DL... SAY WHAT?!!!

on a thread, do yourself a favor and WALK AWAY FROM THE DEAL, whatever the deal is!!! I mean it.

The fact that he didn't want to take a credit card over the phone is also weird. Unless may be he was on a cell phone? I've never heard of a merchant or a dealer or manufacturer who couldn't take a credit card number over the phone. RED FLAG.

As to the sympathy you felt because he was taking a bit of heat from the forum members, well, that's what happens when you sell stuff online. I should know, I've sold stuff on e-bay before and you sometime have to work real hard to see listings through.

Times are tough for all of us, and since we're in a recession, we're entitled to be a bit more careful before parting with our hard earned $$$, so yeah, he has to work harder at selling the product but on the other end, we do too have to work harder at keeping our jobs lately, so it's hard for everybody.

Some posts appear to have been deleted but I could see him getting angry w/ Ryan at some point, after Ryan said he likes his Yaris as a DD. Can't handle criticism? hmmm. Later on he's telling people to get off "his thread" and shut up?!!! Hmmmm...

The comments left by the posters saying that the manufacturer could eat the cost of the first one so we know it works, were valid.

You are a good person, FrownOnFun, and I hope you get to have fun with your kit once you finally get it put it together on your car but I'm not sure that guy even deserves your business.

Towards the end, he just started PMing me to call me an ass. Great customer service.
Old 04-10-2009, 11:10 AM   #50
frownonfun

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobselectric View Post

yeah i hear what you are saying about evan. but i wasn't going to boycott PE because of him. i've had bad service at Chili's but that doesn't keep me from goin back to Chili's cause i love Chili's. so i didn't wanna lump the whole company in together just cause evan didn't know what he was doing. that'd be unfair i think.

on the other hand, after i actually called PE, i wasn't real impressed with them either. still it was them who gave me the tracking number not evan so i give them some credit for getting that to me. but not much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomato View Post
My goodness!!!

yeah he asked if i wanted to do the contract thing where i provide all this information just to save all of $300 but i didn't take it. i wasn't comfortable with providing a driver's license number or signing anything to be honest.

and yes i do realize you gotta take heat to sell but he wasn't selling and that is what had to be the frustrating thing i think. and not just for him but for all of us. if you thought the thread you read was bad you should read the original before that. the one that got locked. that one was pretty bad. at the end of the day though, asshole or not, i think a lot of us wanna know how this thing does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryank View Post
Towards the end, he just started PMing me to call me an ass. Great customer service.
sorry bout that. i wasn't sure what was going on there because i guess some of the posts were deleted.
Old 04-10-2009, 11:15 AM   #51
frownonfun

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK198105 View Post
who's your carrier? UPS Fedex DHL (i doubt it they're dead in the US)?If its Fedex ill keep an eye out for you if you want

the carrier is UPS. why, do you work for Fedex?
Old 04-10-2009, 11:17 AM   #52
33OH

Quote:
Originally Posted by frownonfun View Post

sorry bout that. i wasn't sure what was going on there because i guess some of the posts were deleted.
Not your fault. I had posted: "I believe adding an intercooler or any additional tuning will void the warranty" (or something around there)

He responded in a post that asked me to delete my intentional misinformation.

So I deleted it immediately, within 30 seconds of posting it.

He then proceeded to PM me 4 or 5 times to tell me how worthless I am, called me an ass, said that it's "people like me" who ruin the world, all this stuff.

I said "Come on now Evan, if you would actually look I deleted the post 30 seconds after I said it. I don't want to mislead anyone. It was just my impression that modifying any part of the system would void the warranty."

Then he PM'd me to call me an ass again.
Old 04-10-2009, 11:37 AM   #53
frownonfun

lol. damn. seems like a simple quote of your post and an explanation saying that it won't void the warranty would have sufficed. yeah he's something else. but now that you mention the intercooler, it does seem logical it might void the warranty. i do remember him saying changing the crank pulley would for sure.

guess it matters little now. it's beginning to seem like the warranty is gonna be pretty worthless anyway.
Old 04-10-2009, 11:41 AM   #54
33OH

He said adding an intercooler doesn't void the warranty. That's why he flipped out on me.

You can find proof that he has said that it won't in the first PE thread that was closed.