Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-26-2015, 11:09 PM   #1
my07ty

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
New to the yaris world

Hey all, I recently acquired an 07 sedan from the wife's uncle. Bone stock, 132k on the clock, 5sp. Car was sitting for roughly 2 yrs before I took possession. I've already gone through, and changed all fluids except coolant which will be done in the next week or so. Detailed the car inside, and out. Also replaced rear brakes.
Only complaint I have so far is the clutch pedal. It starts to engage no more than 2" off the floor, and fully engaged by the halfway point. Anyone else have this issue? I also own an 06 Scion xB with identical drive train, and pedal engagement are worlds apart.
This car will mainly be used as a daily/winter car, but I would like to add some tasteful suspension mods as the budget allows. The steering feel in this car is great, just want to get the body roll in check. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Look forward to learning some new things about these cars from you guys.
my07ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 01:31 AM   #2
NYC-SE

Drives: 2014 Yaris SE
Congratulations on your purchase. The Yaris is a great car as I'm sure you'll discover. Having an xB sort of puts you in the Yaris universe already.

Concerning the clutch, I have an auto so I can not speak to it first hand, but it seems that clutch feel complaints are not uncommon around here. If you search I'm sure you'll find several people voicing similar complaints. Just seems to be one of those things with the Yaris.

Concerning body roll, get a rear sway bar. I have a TRD, but there are other brands available. Again do some searching, there is lots of good info on rear sway bars here. This is one of the best bang for the buck mods you can do for the Yaris. Seriously do this before spending any money on springs, struts, etc.

Good luck and welcome to Yarisworld.
NYC-SE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 03:41 PM   #3
my07ty

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
Thanks. I've been looking at videos of how to adjust the pedal. Just need a semi warm day to check it out.
A rear sway bar is def in the plans, as it made a tremendous difference on the xB, just one of things I'll need to convince the wife of as the yaris is just supposed to be a to and from work car, so any extra spending will be closely monitored.
my07ty is offline   Reply With Quote