Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > UK
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-24-2012, 09:10 AM   #1
Palm_tree

Drives: Yaris 2006 T3
Door Mirror

I have just purchased a new door mirror and backing plate for my Mk2 Yaris as the last one vanished overnight! However whilst I can can get the two top lugs to slide into the mirror mechanism I can't seem to get the bottom two clips to snap onto the fitting no matter how much force I apply. So either I am not fitting this properly or it's the wrong mirror and backing plate that I have been sent. Any ideas? Thanks!
Attached Images

Palm_tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:14 AM   #2
Palm_tree

Drives: Yaris 2006 T3
Mirror housing:
Attached Images

Palm_tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:28 AM   #3
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
If it is not an real OEM one, then the position of the bottom tabs in probably off by just enough to not snap in. I had the same issue with an aftermarket set of ones with LED turn signals built in, and I ended up having to use the OEM backing and move the aftermarket glass over. In you case, that is obviously not an option.

Try pulling the spring clip, so you can try snapping the mirror onto the backing separate from the car. That was you can better see what the issue is, and trim or do whatever is necessary to then let it work when you remount the backing.