Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-09-2013, 05:16 PM   #19
Altitude

Drives: '08 LB MT Bayou
Quote:
Originally Posted by nookandcrannycar View Post
This is because there are so many savvy people in Texas .
No. That's because all the Texas Pickup and SUV drivers have come to Colorado for the summer and thinned out the traffic in Texas. You just notice more Yarii now because all those ginormous trucks aren't around to block your view.
Altitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:27 PM   #20
junorico24

Drives: toyota yaris yrs
I hope this happens in AUS.

Maybe they'll drop the price, over priced imo. Plus the competition is fun to drive. A cheap 2012 yari hell, yah!!
junorico24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 07:32 PM   #21
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altitude View Post
No. That's because all the Texas Pickup and SUV drivers have come to Colorado for the summer and thinned out the traffic in Texas. You just notice more Yarii now because all those ginormous trucks aren't around to block your view.
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 07:42 PM   #22
nookandcrannycar

Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by junorico24 View Post
I hope this happens in AUS.

Maybe they'll drop the price, over priced imo. Plus the competition is fun to drive. A cheap 2012 yari hell, yah!!
Reliability and then overall real world MPG and value (cost per mile) = most important to me. I also like a tight turning radius. I can't see how the Yaris loses under such criteria.
Old 07-10-2013, 04:20 AM   #23
Jaris01

Drives: 06 Yaris
Personally I don't like the newer Yaris shape and might just be me but the one I've driven feels cheaper than my 06 Yaris. I wouldn't buy one if I was buying a new car now.
Jaris01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:05 AM   #24
kimona
Super Moderator

Drives: 2014 White VITZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooter View Post
It's that shitty Gen 3 style change finally catching up with Toyota.
Should have left it Gen 2.
Have to agree. I believe Toyota reliability is unmatched; nevertheless, the Gen 3 Yaris would be last on my list if I were shopping for a small car again.
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:59 AM   #25
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCALB SIRAY View Post
Commercials are few and far between and lets face it, the advertising of the Yaris on the main page shows us 7 year old versions of the car. This forum does nothing to help the sales of a great car, and it's a sad thing to see because of ownership isn't there.
+1

This site needs a massive overhaul, but the actual owners don't give two sh!ts about it. Only what little revenue it might garner which I could not imagine is much at this point because they are not doing things to keep it fresh and moving forward.

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 12:27 PM   #26
Septembersrain
♣♀Yaris'ing♀♣

Drives: 2013 Yaris 3-Door LE ~Pearl~
=[ I seriously love my 2013 but it's so hard to get people to understand why I love it.
I literally have to take friends on a ride with me to get them to truly understand.
After I do that though, They get the idea of why I picked it over the competition.
I actually had a friend who owns a brand new 2013 Kia Rio compliment my car.
She said that it didn't have that feeling like it was going to "Fall apart" at 80MPH. LOL
Old 07-10-2013, 12:47 PM   #27
ron3

Drives: 2012 yaris HB 5door LE auto.
I recently bought a new generation 3 Yaris this is my third yaris and I have never had a problem out of any of them. look around at other brands Kia ,Hyundai, nissan ect. that are a few years old and see how they are holding up and the cost of ownership and tell me that reliability is not the most important thing for most people.I don't care what the car editors say I will take my chance with a Toyota yaris something with a proven track record.
ron3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:22 PM   #28
RedRide

Drives: '09 Yaris carmine red 2d HB
Quote:
No, no, no, they all secretly come to the great state of NY.
RedRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 04:50 PM   #29
Altitude

Drives: '08 LB MT Bayou
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRide View Post
No, no, no, they all secretly come to the great state of NY.
You get them too? Seriously, in the summer months there are probably more vehicles from Texas on our roads than there are locals.
Altitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:48 PM   #30
nookandcrannycar

Quote:
You get them too? Seriously, in the summer months there are probably more vehicles from Texas on our roads than there are locals.
I may have posted about this a couple of years ago, but this jogged a memory from my 'checking it out period' before I moved here. I was driving around Katy, TX in my Yaris (the Kelliwood and Seven Hills areas) and decided to get a snack. I pulled into the parking lot of a Kroger (IIRC) and pulled into a space. On both sides of me and in front of me were vehicles that could only be described as behemoths. IIRC, tthey were a Ford Expedition, The biggest Dodge SUV, and a Suburban. And all of them were jacked up way higher off the ground than stock. I had to laugh. I seriously put that down as a con re deciding which area to live in and did not settle in that area. In my area, well over half of the people were born outside of Texas, so that culture is not as strong -- lots of Minis, Prii, etc.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:03 AM   #31
malibuguy
Obsessed with 1.5L

Drives: '10 PW Yaris Sedan
They want to sell you prius camrys and corollas...they make more money off of them. Why advertise for a car that rivals the prius in gas mileage.

It seemed like they advertised the snot out of tercels...then the echo hit...I dont remember any ads for that...shit I dont think I have ever seen an ad for the yaris. When I was shopping for mine...the 3 dealers I went to tried pushing me into a corolla. I test drove one...didnt like it and it had less back seat room for the kids. I basically wanted a new tercel and got it. Crank windows and all! Tho I still miss my '06 xB from time to time.

-10 PW sedan 107whp/110wtq, full exhaust, suspension bits, TRD LSD
-06 Highlander 3mzfe Limited AWD
-82 Malibu, 1uzfe swap
-97 Tercel coupe, 1nzfe/4.31
-96 Tercel coupe, Turbo 5efe, autoX
-96 Tercel 4dr
malibuguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 06:34 AM   #32
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
Yep the Yaris is going the way of the ECHO at this rate.

Buy one of the last new ones or even a used one and put it up on blocks is my advice!

Im an ECHO man myself and still post on that forum in Edmunds. We get about three hits a year now.
Old 07-11-2013, 07:28 AM   #33
Kal-El

Drives: 07 Yaris S Sedan 5-Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsin View Post
Yep the Yaris is going the way of the ECHO at this rate.....
You may be right. I think Toyota still has a chance to save it with a significant improvement next time around. But you have to wonder if the "Yaris" nameplate is worth saving or will Toyota launch yet another one and kill "Yaris" just like Tercel and Echo. Really, I'd like them to come up with a less playful name and go with a more mature timeless name. No one says a sub-compact has to have a silly name yet they insist on it. "Echo" was one of the worst. At this point, Toyota may need a new name to grab some new attention. It all depends on whether Toyota actually wants to sell you a sub-compact.
Kal-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:54 AM   #34
nookandcrannycar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsin View Post
Buy one of the last new ones
Quote:
put it up on blocks
If I had a bigger garage, I would do this! (but it would only be worth it (to me) if = one of the last ones built in Japan)
Old 07-11-2013, 08:59 AM   #35
nookandcrannycar

Quote:
Originally Posted by malibuguy View Post
They want to sell you prius camrys and corollas...they make more money off of them. Why advertise for a car that rivals the prius in gas mileage.
^^^^^ I agree. One wonders if Toyota would offer a USDM Yaris if it weren't for CAFE standards. If so, I'd think it would only be an attempt to get people 'into the Toyota fold' at the lowest possible price point.
Old 07-11-2013, 08:23 PM   #36
malibuguy
Obsessed with 1.5L

Drives: '10 PW Yaris Sedan
I wonder if the evolution of the 1nz will be direct injection...more power and better gas mileage. The motor doesnt need a full redo/replacement...its excellent.

-10 PW sedan 107whp/110wtq, full exhaust, suspension bits, TRD LSD
-06 Highlander 3mzfe Limited AWD
-82 Malibu, 1uzfe swap
-97 Tercel coupe, 1nzfe/4.31
-96 Tercel coupe, Turbo 5efe, autoX
-96 Tercel 4dr
malibuguy is offline   Reply With Quote