Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-04-2009, 01:22 PM   #1
wsladaritz
Y4R1Z

Drives: Yaris LB
Project for a friend

A buddy of mine has 2 Kicker CVR 12" dual voice coil subs he picked up from a pawn shop a few years ago for $200 bucks. They are in a POS box right now that is going to be destroyed cause we want to fit them into '94 chevy c-series or something with an extended cab. It's got one of those fold up back seats. Anyways... I'm wondering if anyone has advice/ideas/recommendations/thoughts on amp selection for these, wiring for dual voice coil (never had one of these before), possible box ideas. We have a few very rough draft ideas, but neither of us has actually built a custom box before. I've seen and read ALOT on these forums about doing custom boxes, so I just lack experience. Thanks for all the excellent DIY's guys!

My friend wants to get a half-sleeper shell and just build a huge box in that and remove the back window so he doesn't lose his back seat. I'm open for other solutions and he doesn't have the funds to do this all right now, so this project is still in brainstorming mode and may take awhile.

The previous owner put 2 Pioneer somethings in there. We think they are 15's maybe. But they're just shoved down into the side panels at either end of the backseat bench powered by a boss 200 watt amp. He only knew they were there when he was cleaning the truck out a week after he got and saw the amp. Anyone know where we can get some instructional material to remove the panels and get those subs out?

Much appreciated guys!

Will
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0104090718-00.jpg (59.5 KB, 112 views)
wsladaritz is offline   Reply With Quote