Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-08-2012, 04:47 PM   #1
DARKSCOPE001

Drives: 2011 Yaris sedan
Jack stand locations

Hello all. First off i wanted to say ive done a little bit of research before i posted this thread i just wanted a little bit of clarification.

I have found a few diagrams of where to place a jack. (center of car front is what looks like the K-member. in the rear there is a steel extension that comes down from the center just forward of the rear bumper.

My question tho is about where to support the car on stands while working on it. I have always seen people recomending using stands and supporting from the pinch welds. Ive never felt ok working on a car supported by this. But ive also seen people using axle stands with a hockey puck and a grove cut down the center.

My question is tho. Does the car do ok being supported by these? do they eventually give up and fold over? where do you get jack stands with a large enough area on top for the hockey puck? my current set of jack stands are just the little top area for using on an axle.

Thanks
Sean Scott
DARKSCOPE001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:20 PM   #2
Fidelio
EcoFriendly

Drives: 2007 Vitz HB
Hi Sean -

Here is what the owner manual says to position the jack/jack stands.

Fidelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 07:27 AM   #3
DARKSCOPE001

Drives: 2011 Yaris sedan
Thanks i appreciate that. It confirms what I thought. does it make any difference that mine is the 2011 sedan? looks pretty standard acrost the board for most yaris regardless of year or body style.

Im still looking for some jack stands with big top sections. also if i want to get the entire car up in the air will it matter if i jack the front or back first? Thanks.

Sean Scott
DARKSCOPE001 is offline   Reply With Quote