Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-12-2010, 06:41 PM   #1
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to YarisSedan
How do i find the power raiting of my amplifier?

I have a memphis 4 channel amp. I am trying to figure out the specs on it.

I looked all over it but cant find any model number

All i could find is the serial which is 24400020277

Its black with a chrome center.

Its probally about 5-6 years old.

Main reason is i am getting 2 tangbang 6x9 woofers to put in the rear deck. I am wondering if they will be plug in play or am i better off bridging the amp to just 1 sub.
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 08:27 PM   #2
goku87

Drives: Black HB
go here:

http://www.memphiscaraudio.com/support/troubleshooting/

and start browsing until you find something that looks like yours.
goku87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 08:29 PM   #3
RedHatch08
Canadetroiter

Drives: 2008 3DR 5M
You could try emailing them at:

techsupport@memphiscaraudio.com

If you give them the serial # they should be able to tell you the model from that.

The site says: "Our award-winning Tech Support Department will be happy to assist. Please use Memphis Car Audio Tech Support in the subject line of your email to us! Typical response time is 1-3 business days unless otherwise indicated. Our business hours are from 8am-4:30pm Central Time, M-F."

Also at http://www.memphiscaraudio.com/support/troubleshooting they have PDF manuals for discontinued amps. Maybe you can find info on there.
Old 06-12-2010, 08:44 PM   #4
YarisSedan

Thanks im gona try emailing them first and in the mean time browse through and see if i can find one that looks like mine
Old 06-12-2010, 08:50 PM   #5
YarisSedan

From what i see its a memphis studio amp. I belive 4x50 watts. Which makes sense cause the subs i bought at the same time were studio brand as well.

So with my current setup should i be able to plop in these speakers in the rear deck after setting the rear filter to low pass? Also what hz is the best setting for these..

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...number=264-837

This is what im running in the front mephis audio 6.5 component speakers MC15-MSQ6
Old 06-12-2010, 09:32 PM   #6
RedHatch08
Canadetroiter

Drives: 2008 3DR 5M
I've been curious about those 6x9 Tang Bands. Once you get them in, let us know how you like them.

In terms of setting the low pass on your amp, don't be afraid to experiment with different settings. Pick a song you are very familiar with, and listen to it at different settings.

Maybe start at 80 Hz and go up a bit at a time. I've never played with 6x9 subs before, so it's hard to predict with any real accuracy.

There's nothing wrong with getting everything hooked up and testing different low pass settings. You may find that to your ear it makes a lot of difference, or very little difference at all.