Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-06-2017, 03:42 PM   #19
lormagni

Drives: Toyota Yaris 1.33 SR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post
I keep propping my right arm up with my hand on the right bottom seat bolster. Today I noticed that the spot is a little lighter than the rest of the seat bottom. Need a place to prop that I can replace after it wears out.

I'm also going to grind a hole in the carpet if I can't find a dead pedal. My first Yaris already had a hole there when I bought it at 75k miles, and my new carpet already looks filthy and matted where the dead pedal should be.
I've got the same problem, I drive everyday to work for about 1 hour and half and I can't help placing my hand right there. My seat is becoming lighter too in that area
lormagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 06:58 PM   #20
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Yaris owners...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rati_armster2_armrest_3d2.jpg (32.7 KB, 180 views)

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 07:21 PM   #21
Dodge Aries K
My Yaris is a "racecar"

Drives: 2007 Yaris hatchback
I have the Toyota accessory armrest in my 2014. It doesn't say that it works with the 2015 up interior redesign. Almost tempted to try it but it's a pain to remove.

Also, the rubber mats I got recently from Toyota have a covering where the dead pedal would be.
Old 04-08-2017, 07:29 PM   #22
Lair

Drives: 2016 5 dr Yaris LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
I have the Toyota accessory armrest in my 2014. It doesn't say that it works with the 2015 up interior redesign. Almost tempted to try it but it's a pain to remove.

Also, the rubber mats I got recently from Toyota have a covering where the dead pedal would be.
I could be wrong, but I think the 2014 has the same interior as my 2016.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 07:32 PM   #23
Lair

Quote:
Originally Posted by stykerdk View Post
I think the only good armrest that is made for 3rd gen is armster, but i dont know if you can get it in the states.
http://dk.rati-shop.com/armster-2?ca...oduct_type=139
I want that.
Old 04-08-2017, 07:33 PM   #24
Lair

Quote:
Originally Posted by ern-diz View Post
Yaris owners...
Tell me more.

What is that?
Old 04-08-2017, 10:19 PM   #25
Dodge Aries K
My Yaris is a "racecar"

Drives: 2007 Yaris hatchback
The 2012-14 and 15-17 are different inside although very similar. The center console is a big difference as is the actual dashboard.
Old 04-09-2017, 05:45 AM   #26
mrpj

Drives: 2014 Icon+ 1.33l Multidrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by stykerdk View Post
I think the only good armrest that is made for 3rd gen is armster, but i dont know if you can get it in the states.
http://dk.rati-shop.com/armster-2?ca...oduct_type=139
Do not waste your money! I fitted one to my Mk3 Yaris and although it is of reasonable quality, it makes it difficult to operate the handbrake (parking brake). I suspect it could also interfere with operating a manual gearchange.
It is also too low down to rest one's arm comfortably, even at the highest adjustment. It does hinge up out of the way but not fully - it does not sit vertically in the up position. Sadly that is where mine now permanently sits and not used. It does have useful extra storage though.
Fitting is very easy but does require drilling 3mm holes in the centre console. I don't thing the self tapping screws into thin plastic are are an ideal way of fixing either and will easily fail if not careful when tightening.
The centre console itself is not firmly fixed anyway so the whole assembly can move quite alarmingly.
mrpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 11:26 PM   #27
YarTed

Drives: 2015 Yaris 5Dr
Thanks for the post. I was thinking about getting one.
Great info and covers the problems I was thinking may occur.
I will just forget the thought of an armrest. I am used to it by now, is not a problem
YarTed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 12:28 PM   #28
ern-diz

Quote:
Tell me more.

What is that?
A bad joke lol. Looking at the pics of that aftermarket armrest, I came across that image with the words "turn up" on it, so...

Yaris owners...turn up.

/insert groans here.

On Wheelwell
Old 04-18-2017, 04:19 PM   #29
DarkShadowFox
Banned

Drives: 2015 Yaris LE 3door 1F7
https://www.armster.co.uk/product-ca...le-model=yaris Armrest.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
DarkShadowFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 11:17 AM   #30
DarkShadowFox
Banned

I have installed the armster basic for my 2015 yaris LE and i can say its definitely an improvement.
Old 07-06-2017, 01:00 PM   #31
neofitos

Drives: Yaris 1.3 2012
i have bought this rrrati armster you are talking about.

just two screws and it holds up very firm.

very satisfied, maybe the best money you can spend for the interior. it adjusts at any place you want and it feels like it came from factory.

i can post some photos later if you like
neofitos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 07:28 PM   #32
Kalispel

Drives: '15 Yaris SE 5MT
Quote:
My car didn't have an armrest and it's not a big deal to go without, but I do enjoy the Micro Image armrest I bought sometime later.

Kalispel - if I may ask, how tall are you? I'm 5' 10" and need to have my seat all the way back. It's fine, but I wouldn't mind if it went even farther back. I couldn't imagine sitting closer than the farthest position. In the extremely rare cases of hauling stuff and needing to move my seat forward a bit, I'm hating it the whole time.
Sorry, never noticed that you asked me a question here. Better late than never!

I'm 6ft1in ~ 6ft2in /180 lbs - and my seat isn't even in the furthest position in my Yaris. I probably have a weird definition of a comfortable seating position. My right knee sits up pretty close to where my key is inserted in the ignition.
Kalispel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 09:07 PM   #33
Lair

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadowFox View Post
I have installed the armster basic for my 2015 yaris LE and i can say its definitely an improvement.
Do you have a link to the one you purchased? How much was it?
Old 07-06-2017, 09:08 PM   #34
DarkShadowFox
Banned

Quote:
Do you have a link to the one you purchased? How much was it?
Uk armster.

Old 07-07-2017, 11:59 AM   #35
ern-diz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalispel View Post
Sorry, never noticed that you asked me a question here. Better late than never!

I'm 6ft1in ~ 6ft2in /180 lbs - and my seat isn't even in the furthest position in my Yaris. I probably have a weird definition of a comfortable seating position. My right knee sits up pretty close to where my key is inserted in the ignition.
Yeah, very different from what I'd call a comfortable seating position. Don't want to stray too far off topic, but it reminds me of the wash bowls at my sister's hair salon. Super comfortable for some, completely uncomfortable for me. Body shape/size has such a big impact on driving position. Also makes me think about how my better half is only 5' 1", but needs to put her car seat back like a gangster in a lowrider. She doesn't look like she's leaning that far back while driving, but I get in her car afterwards and can't see over the dash --and I'm 9" taller than her lol.

On Wheelwell
Old 09-23-2017, 12:54 PM   #36
DarkShadowFox
Banned

Quote:
Yeah, very different from what I'd call a comfortable seating position. Don't want to stray too far off topic, but it reminds me of the wash bowls at my sister's hair salon. Super comfortable for some, completely uncomfortable for me. Body shape/size has such a big impact on driving position. Also makes me think about how my better half is only 5' 1", but needs to put her car seat back like a gangster in a lowrider. She doesn't look like she's leaning that far back while driving, but I get in her car afterwards and can't see over the dash --and I'm 9" taller than her lol.
there is not exactly a really large amount of space to put a large arm rest. But I mean my armster basic is pretty comfortable tbh.