Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-23-2013, 12:24 AM   #19
Chwbcca

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan Manual
I'll post a pic tomorrow!

Thanks a lot for all the feedback. I called the dealer and have an appointment tomorrow afternoon. I will take a couple of pics before I take it in though, so wish me luck!
Chwbcca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:03 AM   #20
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
Nook, I've had zero issues with the paint. No chipping, fading, or any other kind of problems. Even after my passenger door was hit, the paint integrity has held, i.e. no rust or expanding paint flaking. I should also tell you that I treat my Yaris like an offroader, I never wash or wax it. The dirtier the better.
Thanks. Good to know. I hope the same will be true for the USDM silver Yari coming out of France later this year.
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:04 AM   #21
nookandcrannycar

Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chwbcca View Post
Thanks a lot for all the feedback. I called the dealer and have an appointment tomorrow afternoon. I will take a couple of pics before I take it in though, so wish me luck!
Good luck!
Old 02-23-2013, 06:22 PM   #22
muffin_top

Drives: 2012 Yaris SE 5MT
Paint is THE hardest thing to get covered, if it's legit, they should take care of it..

Where are the pics?? It's post 22 and still no pics!! ;)

Good luck!!
muffin_top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:09 PM   #23
Chwbcca

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan Manual
It was the shrinkwrap!

I took it in for the people at the dealership to see it. They started laughing...
I wondered why, and then they told me that someone forgot to remove all of the clear plastic adhesive that gets put on cars before shipping to protect the paint. They said that salt and grime had gotten between the plastic and the actual paint and that is why it looked like hairline cracks. They took it in, removed all of the remaining plastic, gave it a little buff, and !BAM! no more cracks. I was soooooooooooo relieved it was not something else.

Again, thanks a lot for all the support and for the quick responses from all of you!
Chwbcca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:15 PM   #24
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
that is too funny. Amazing that no one noticed it before they delivered it to you. This dealership needs to do a more thorough go over before they deliver cars.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:28 PM   #25
nookandcrannycar

Quote:
Originally Posted by why? View Post
that is too funny. Amazing that no one noticed it before they delivered it to you. This dealership needs to do a more thorough go over before they deliver cars.
^^^^^ This.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:29 PM   #26
matti

Drives: 2017 Yaris L (5sp manual)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chwbcca View Post
I took it in for the people at the dealership to see it. They started laughing...
I wondered why, and then they told me that someone forgot to remove all of the clear plastic adhesive that gets put on cars before shipping to protect the paint. They said that salt and grime had gotten between the plastic and the actual paint and that is why it looked like hairline cracks. They took it in, removed all of the remaining plastic, gave it a little buff, and !BAM! no more cracks. I was soooooooooooo relieved it was not something else.

Again, thanks a lot for all the support and for the quick responses from all of you!
The same thing happened to me! lol I posted a question on here last summer about having all kinds of scratches in my paint on the roof (white paint) after only a few weeks. I was really ticked off. Turned out to be adhesive that was collecting dirt. I had two long strips along the top of the roof as well as some lines near the antenna. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought the same thing :)
matti is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
defect, hairline crack, paint, paintjob, roof