Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > California
  The Tire Rack

View Poll Results: Meet Day for Storage Facility in Marin
Friday, August 28th (late afternoon/early evening) 2 20.00%
Saturday August 29th (afternoons mainly) 8 80.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-01-2009, 01:17 PM   #181
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

Drives: トヨタ Vitz
My retarded GPS threw me off so i took the wrong turn and went left...so advocate and I just jammed it and caught up to contraband and Wisher.....then we zipped through some traffic, very cool and nice ride back.
Kioshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 01:22 PM   #182
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post
I honestly felt hella bad when you couldn't caravan with the four amigos on the way back

tomato - that place sounds cool. Is it on a hill side maybe?
I want an elevated place next time for the the meet so we can get shots that look like we're on mountain or somethin.....maybe somewhere in Sacramento?

Kaotic, maybe that one place in Sacramento where we were playing around the idea of doing a cruise/run meet?

No, it's not on a hill side, it's by the water, actually.

If you want to be on a hill, there is Marin Headlands (by the GG Bridge). You could probably get pretty rad pictures from up there, but the problem is that the place is very popular and it's hard to find parking for one, let alone 15 cars!

There are a few areas by the beach, with great views of the water and perhaps even the GG bridge in the background if the fog cooperates, from the East Bay. I'll keep my eyes open for potential locations.

Other areas in Marin by the Beach are easy to find, but in Marin, you coud hit serious fog without warning if you're near the beach.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:40 PM   #183
onemph05

Drives: 2zz Corolla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post
I honestly felt hella bad when you couldn't caravan with the four amigos on the way back

tomato - that place sounds cool. Is it on a hill side maybe?
I want an elevated place next time for the the meet so we can get shots that look like we're on mountain or somethin.....maybe somewhere in Sacramento?

Kaotic, maybe that one place in Sacramento where we were playing around the idea of doing a cruise/run meet?
This is a look out point on Skyline Blvd and pic was taken during the last BAC fun run. It good elevated place for nice pics and scenery...

onemph05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 01:44 AM   #184
Malaya1221
super duper M*******TOR

Drives: 2007 jahPANIS egg(Sarao Phil)
next time should be a norcal-socal meet.

great pix...
Malaya1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 07:18 PM   #185
advocate

Drives: car
Skyline has some amazing photo ops. I drive up there occasionally for work. Although I haven't seen a good place to do a BBQ yet, it could possibly just be a place to meet up and take shots before we move on and find somewhere to do a cook out.

Also as far as the cruising went I thought it was awesome and had a lot of fun but would've preferred a slightly quicker pace / a lot less traffic
advocate is offline   Reply With Quote