Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-20-2006, 01:20 AM   #1
fantabulousbaby

Drives: 3 series
Need yall's help on how to get my money's worth :)

So... I'm the one that ordered a Yaris "S" fully loaded (w/ side & curtain too!) at $100 over invoice in TX (even added options at invoice).. initially they said 8-12 weeks, but 2 weeks into it they said 'Toyota is jumping to 2008 production of Yaris' and if I insist on the extra airbags (which I do), it would be up to 2 yrs. BS!! The regional distributor is having issues, cuz I located the exact car outside my region. SO>> I'm flying to pick up my Yaris in Phoenix Thursday!!! SO excited.. but they were asking over MSRP, and the fleet manager was willing to take a few hundred off.. which basically came to MSRP.. I feel shitty cuz I've ALWAYS gotten a steal.. also.. I have to pay Arizona tax at 8.1% vs Texas' 6.25%, which sucks. And I have to drive almost 1200 miles back to Houston.. I got him to pay for my one way out there, and he's gonna throw in tint and pick me up. Call me greedy (I'm just a college girl :) ).. but I need ideas on what else to ask for that he could 'throw in'.. I have a feeling I have a chance of talking him into doing so when I meet him.. I'm just trying to think of what! I think I may need 'material ideas' instead of asking him to take more off the price. THX 4 ur input!!!!!!!!!!
fantabulousbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 04:38 AM   #2
jmew0ng

Drives: Scion FRS
that's some pretty nice deal.. maybe ask for trd suspension or trd muffler? the S has almost everything in it I believe... don't know what else you'd want haha. Sorry about our 8.1% tax... we should do some sort of AZ meet while you're here hah.

Oh if they don't pick you up... I guess I could help ya out ^^;
jmew0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 06:43 AM   #3
Boo

Drives: PW Yaris LB AT
Quote:
Originally Posted by fantabulousbaby
I have to pay Arizona tax at 8.1% vs Texas' 6.25%, which sucks.
Tax is based on where you live (your home address) not where you buy.. so you will be charged with 6.25% not 8.1%
Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 03:13 PM   #4
fantabulousbaby

did my research already.. i wish boo was right..

"Nonresidents from California, Connecticut, Florida, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Nevada, New Jersey, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, and Washington:

These states’ tax rates are all higher than the Arizona transaction privilege (5.6%) tax rate. Therefore, sales of motor vehicles to nonresidents from these states are subject to the full rates of Arizona taxes (8.1%) if the nonresident purchaser takes possession of the vehicle in Arizona. However, these states provide reciprocity*for tax paid in Arizona, and will therefore allow a credit for the state tax paid in Arizona."

BOO! I'm sure I'm purchasing the most expensive Yaris ever.. will prolly be close to $20K
Old 08-20-2006, 05:50 PM   #5
Jem_hadar
MORDSITH

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Send a message via ICQ to Jem_hadar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmew0ng
that's some pretty nice deal.. maybe ask for trd suspension or Sorry about our 8.1% tax...
Better than our 14% here in Ontario (8% PST and 6% GST)

Has been 15% for over a decade until this past July, when 1% was nocked (finally) off the GST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo
Tax is based on where you live (your home address) not where you buy.. so you will be charged with 6.25% not 8.1%
Really? Thats the way it works in the States? Not here in Canada. Where you buy ALWAYS determines the tax your paying, simple as that.

That woudl be so complicated... does that rule u stated apply to all goods and services, or just cars and a few other things?
Jem_hadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 12:06 AM   #6
fantabulousbaby

That 'rule' applies to motor vehicle sales to nonresidents only, far as I know. Does any1 know if they stock accessories at the dealership/ in their service & parts dept? I plan on signing the paperwork and starting my drive back the same night.. if I ask them for more "free stuff", are they even going to have it there?
Old 08-21-2006, 12:15 AM   #7
Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jem_hadar
Better than our 14% here in Ontario (8% PST and 6% GST)

Has been 15% for over a decade until this past July, when 1% was nocked (finally) off the GST.

Really? Thats the way it works in the States? Not here in Canada. Where you buy ALWAYS determines the tax your paying, simple as that.

That woudl be so complicated... does that rule u stated apply to all goods and services, or just cars and a few other things?

Yes, that is how it works over here. If we use the Canadian tax rule, every one will buy cars in Oregon. (since they have no sales tax)
Old 08-21-2006, 04:27 AM   #8
kontayjus

Drives: I want a Sedan :[
Quote:
.. initially they said 8-12 weeks, but 2 weeks into it they said 'Toyota is jumping to 2008 production of Yaris' and if I insist on the extra airbags (which I do), it would be up to 2 yrs. BS!!
Wait, what about 2008??
kontayjus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 03:30 PM   #9
fantabulousbaby

Re the 2008's:

I was told by a fleet manager that they stopped production on the 2007's already. I didn't quite understand.. and he didn't elaborate.. but he said if I wanted the sedan, it would arrive by October. So maybe their production quotas have been met and cars are just waiting to be allocated/shipped.. not sure. But that's ok, it true, I'll have one for a year when most ppl can't get :)
Old 08-21-2006, 04:58 PM   #10
ECHOKnight2000
Small Car Lover

Drives: A Super Car
Quote:
Re the 2008's:

I was told by a fleet manager that they stopped production on the 2007's already. I didn't quite understand.. and he didn't elaborate.. but he said if I wanted the sedan, it would arrive by October. So maybe their production quotas have been met and cars are just waiting to be allocated/shipped.. not sure. But that's ok, it true, I'll have one for a year when most ppl can't get :)

I think that is B.S., its not even 2007 and they discontinued it??? hummm.
Old 08-21-2006, 10:56 PM   #11
Boo

Quote:
Re the 2008's:

That sounds like they want your CASH right now, rather than 4 or 5 months later for a custom build one.
Old 08-21-2006, 10:57 PM   #12
Boo

BTW, I already had mine in the garage
Old 08-22-2006, 01:04 AM   #13
pennystocks

Drives: 07 Civic Si Coupe(Black Pearl)
1200 miles to get yours, god dam. I kinda feel lucky now.
I walked into my dealer looking at a 99 civic and walked out w/ a yaris.
He showed me it, and i was like, wtf is this? Ooh, its nice, Ok i'll take it
pennystocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 07:16 AM   #14
riceboy

Drives: icebox
2008's won't be released until at least next year... I think it's BS...
riceboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 08:30 AM   #15
Jem_hadar
MORDSITH

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Send a message via ICQ to Jem_hadar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo
That sounds like they want your CASH right now, rather than 4 or 5 months later for a custom build one.
Yeah, sounds like that to me... fishy if so... I'd not be impressed AT ALL.

Jem
Jem_hadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 12:19 AM   #16
pennystocks

Drives: 07 Civic Si Coupe(Black Pearl)
Yea, most dealers are bs. They just know no dealer will trade them one cause they seem to rare now, i dunno. My friend was looking at saturn skys and they told her it was a 18 month wait (not a typo for weeks, 1.5 year wait, lol), i dunno bout that one, lol. She got a Mercedes c230 so its all good tho =D
pennystocks is offline   Reply With Quote