Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-08-2006, 09:14 PM   #1
yaris-intuit
Aunty Yaris is In!

Drives: Blazing Blue, 2 Dr Hatchback
Took the PLUNGE!!!

Hi All,

I've been reading this forum for awhile now and it is the best on net as far as my humble opinion is concerned!

I took the plunge and I'm buying a 2007 Yaris!!! Mind you I love Toyotas. I've had a 88 Camry and a 2001 Corolla. I'm sure the dealership guys must be scratching their heads and thinking "Isn't the Yaris suppose to be a starter car; and then we get them into the Corolla and Camrys down the road? This gal is going the WRONG way!"
I just love the look and feel of the Yaris and I fought hard to get the Blazing Blue color. They tried to sell me a used Bayou Blue, at a crazy interest rate, but my heart was set on that Blazin' color!
They are trucking it in from another part of Canada. I get it in two weeks. Can't wait!
yaris-intuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 09:24 PM   #2
as400g33k

Drives: 05 YRS Silver Lining Metallic
grats! if you loved your other Toyotas, you'll love this one too..
as400g33k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 09:32 PM   #3
yaris-intuit
Aunty Yaris is In!

I did have my experience with N. American cars...like the "K car" that I bought with my ex (who didn't like to buy anything outside of the N.American market). Needless to say it was a "disposable" car and promptly fell apart as soon as the warranty expired! Also had a Saturn for a short while as well as a GMC truck. Toyota still gives great value and builds great vehicles.
Old 08-08-2006, 10:29 PM   #4
Buckethead

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Excellent! Yeah, you will love it!!! Everyone on this board rules!!!
We all learn from each other etc..

Even for simplest, elementary crap, these guys will take care of you. I ask a stupid question at least once a day!

Keep us posted!

Buckethead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 11:05 PM   #5
TRD_Yaris
Yarii Hunter

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback and S13's
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaris-intuit

I'm sure the dealership guys must be scratching their heads and thinking "Isn't the Yaris suppose to be a starter car; and then we get them into the Corolla and Camrys down the road? This gal is going the WRONG way!"

hehe, i went from a 2000 Lexus GS to the Yaris, go figure
Old 08-09-2006, 01:38 AM   #6
yaris-intuit
Aunty Yaris is In!

Thanks guys! I'm learning a lot from this forum. Seems like the sales guys are not always up to "speed" on the Yaris and its options, so this has been great. This was one site that had the CAN user manual that I could actually download while I still wait for my car to arrive.

Got a question and maybe it has been answered already elsewhere...someone let me know if it has.

Does the "Aux" input for a MP3 player work with the basic CD AM/FM stereo system on the canadian 2007 hatchback work or do I need to upgrade to the CD MP3 AM/FM stereo system?
Old 08-09-2006, 01:50 AM   #7
TRD_Yaris
Yarii Hunter

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback and S13's
car salespeople don't know sh1t about cars, they are trained to "pressure sale" and other scummy tactics to get your money. EVERY SINGLE salesperson i ever talked to didn't even know the Yaris has ELECTRIC RADIATOR FANS and ELECTRIC POWER STEERING, which is listed in the BROCHURE!!! If i had a gun that never ran out of bullets, I would go on a car shopping spree
Old 08-09-2006, 01:58 AM   #8
yaris-intuit
Aunty Yaris is In!

MAN do I know what you mean! Just can't wait for the day i pick it up and get the arm twisting about extended warranties, undercoating, clear coat protection, VIN etching, rust proofing blah, blah, blah...
been there done that before. Sometimes I just want to shout out to them "NO MEANS NO!!! Do I always have to explain WHY!" But they just love to get into it, don't they?

I do find it ironic that I "a gal" can walk into a dealership and know more about the car that is being sold than the guy that is trying to sell it to me! It's funny to see them get flustered!
Old 08-09-2006, 05:28 PM   #9
drdavidr4u

Drives: Yaris Lftbk Black 5spd TRDrims
Hey TRD-YARIS.....

I know what you mean!!!
Go car shopping , lock and load you Glock with Anti-Stupid rounds and bring a few x-tra clips!!!
Maybe we would get somewhere!!!
drdavidr4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 01:57 AM   #10
yaris-intuit
Aunty Yaris is In!

ARRGH!!! Like others I've read about in these forums, the dealer says your gonna get your car on this date, maybe even earlier...and then today it has been bumped by another week. Now, I know some of you may groan and say that is nothing! but I have a deal with my nephew and I have to sell him my old car really soon (for his new job) so it was important to me. Well, I went to another dealer tonight and said, "What do you have on the lot?" I'm gonna get what I wanted in the first place, but the other dealer was talking me out of. They had it right there and they didn't hassle me about undercoatings, extended warranties. When I said I didn't want it they said O.K. and that was the end of it. What a nice change. I asked what their price was for the 3M clear bra (just for the front bumper, hood and mirrors) and it was only $290 installed! The other dealer was asking $400 and a independant place in town wanted $550. Man was I shocked! I was expecting the dealers to charge way more! I asked for a complimentary item (learnt to do that thanks to this forum!) and got the all weather mats which is what I asked for. So, in the end I am much happier I shopped around. The sales people and Financial people here were much better and lot less like the "used car" sales type I was getting at the other place!
So, I want to say thanks to all the people who have posted info and their experiences here in this forum because it helped me in my purchasing experience!
Old 08-17-2006, 02:28 AM   #11
JustAnotherAsian
now in HD

Drives: not yaris!
Send a message via AIM to JustAnotherAsian
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRD_Yaris
hehe, i went from a 2000 Lexus GS to the Yaris, go figure
haha, i'm considering a similar route- lexus (check avatar) to yaris. i was originally in this thread to do some research on the sedan for my girlfriend, but now i want a liftback!

glad to hear yaris-intuit knows how to say "no". i say give the sales people hell- it's not like they can spit on your food and give it to you (if you know what i mean ).

anywaiz, to get unlimited anti-stupid-ammo, the code is up-up-down-down...
Old 08-17-2006, 07:47 AM   #12
07WYarisRS
HardlyDangerous

Drives: 09 Yaris LE, H/B, auto
Starter car?

no way
Talk to the dealers and see who exactly is buyin' up these things and what they are using for trades...

Fact is, many mature people are sick and tired of being ripped off by the larger car mfgs and crazy fuel prices. Lots of them are younger owners but compared to cars like the civic, the Yaris owners from what I have seen appear to be older and $$$ is not an issue.

I went from a pristine condition 99 Chevy Xtreme with 262ci engine to the Yaris.
I was sick of GM service, GM reliability, in surance cost, fuel costs etc etc.
07WYarisRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 02:53 PM   #13
Jem_hadar
MORDSITH

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Send a message via ICQ to Jem_hadar
Quote:
ARRGH!!! Like others I've read about in these forums, the dealer says your gonna get your car on this date, maybe even earlier...and then today it has been bumped by another week. Now, I know some of you may groan and say that is nothing! but I have a deal with my nephew and I have to sell him my old car really soon (for his new job) so it was important to me. Well, I went to another dealer tonight and said, "What do you have on the lot?" I'm gonna get what I wanted in the first place, but the other dealer was talking me out of. They had it right there and they didn't hassle me about undercoatings, extended warranties. When I said I didn't want it they said O.K. and that was the end of it. What a nice change. I asked what their price was for the 3M clear bra (just for the front bumper, hood and mirrors) and it was only $290 installed! The other dealer was asking $400 and a independant place in town wanted $550. Man was I shocked! I was expecting the dealers to charge way more! I asked for a complimentary item (learnt to do that thanks to this forum!) and got the all weather mats which is what I asked for. So, in the end I am much happier I shopped around. The sales people and Financial people here were much better and lot less like the "used car" sales type I was getting at the other place!
So, I want to say thanks to all the people who have posted info and their experiences here in this forum because it helped me in my purchasing experience!
I loved my local Toyota dealership! I love my salesman! Awesome, just fantastic. So helpful, no pressure at all, easy to talk with and discuss aspects Toyota vehicles with, very quick and eager to answer my questions and see me happy and confident with my choice.

I just genuinely enjoying dealing with my guy. And ive met all the service ppl there, love them too.

Our Collingwood Toyota dealership seriously rocks. So happy about that. Its a nice opinion to hold of someplace you spent so much money at, will deal with in teh future about an object that means a lot ot you (your Yaris )!

Jem

Jem_hadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 10:36 PM   #14
yaris-intuit
Aunty Yaris is In!

Well, I got my new Yaris today and I love it! Although the whole experience has been dampened by the #@%*&!* saleman & sales manager at the other dealership who don't want to return my deposit because I didn't buy from them. Of course I was told during the test drive "we return deposits because we don't like to make enemies and like to keep a great reputation", but now I know that means SHIT unless you get the salesman to put it into writing and sign it! Just like the guarantee delivery date he gave...

So I'm happy I've got my car, from a far superior dealership, who delivered exactly what I wanted and gave me a paint touch up pen just because I asked for, but I've learned a hard lesson to boot. Some have said don't give up just yet on trying to get the deposit back, so I have to check into other avenues, but it just goes to show there are some really good dealerships out there and there are some very poor ones. My words of wisdom to those reading this forum - it's easy to get excited about purchasing a vechicle, but don't let your guard down with the sales people no matter how nice they seem. Be the paranoid buyer and GET IT IN WRITING!!! Make sure they listen to you and don't let them bamboozle you into buying something you don't want (because they want a higher profit from it). If it is critical to you - like the delivery date - GET IT IN WRITING and make it a condition of the sale! So if they fail to deliver, you can walk away with YOUR MONEY!!!
Old 08-19-2006, 10:46 PM   #15
riceboy

Drives: icebox
Just to let you know... dealers are not allowed to keep deposits.. tell them that you will take them to court,.. explain to them that you are prepared to make them spend even more than the deposit if they choose not to return it. Not sure how much you left with them but if it's the usual $500-1000 than most likely they'll prefer to avoid the BS... sometimes you have to force them a little.. otherwise they just take advantage...
riceboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 10:59 PM   #16
yaris-intuit
Aunty Yaris is In!

Yeah, the other dealership told just as much, and when I threatened that the sales manager from the "bad" dealership went on to threaten back the same etc. He brought out all the tricks in the bag when I was on the phone with him. Saying he was a religous man (implying what?), that he had a family to feed, that he did some special deal to get the Yaris here (I won't go into details) but all sorts of crap to make me feel like a little shit for what I was doing... Of course I didn't think of the great logical comebacks till after the conversation. Like did I ask you to make this special deal to get the Yaris? (I had to no idea of it), and he was turning it into a big sob story of how he was losing even more money, etc... Well, after all that sort of crap you gotta wonder how much is the truth despite his exclamation that he is a "religous man". Yikes!!
Old 08-19-2006, 11:17 PM   #17
Jem_hadar
MORDSITH

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Send a message via ICQ to Jem_hadar
Quote:
Yeah, the other dealership told just as much, and when I threatened that the sales manager from the "bad" dealership went on to threaten back the same etc. He brought out all the tricks in the bag when I was on the phone with him. Saying he was a religous man (implying what?), that he had a family to feed, that he did some special deal to get the Yaris here (I won't go into details) but all sorts of crap to make me feel like a little shit for what I was doing... Of course I didn't think of the great logical comebacks till after the conversation. Like did I ask you to make this special deal to get the Yaris? (I had to no idea of it), and he was turning it into a big sob story of how he was losing even more money, etc... Well, after all that sort of crap you gotta wonder how much is the truth despite his exclamation that he is a "religous man". Yikes!!
WTF! Dude - you're OWED your fucking money, so dont give in to this shit he's trying to sell you about his "supposed situation"

That money is owed to you. Sucks for him, but you not in the wrong, so dont feel guilty about shit that you shouldnt be. Dont let him twist this shit and make himself rigous while ur just being bastard, uncaring person.

Its not like that, dont let him make u think it is.

Jem
Jem_hadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 11:42 PM   #18
riceboy

Drives: icebox
yup tell the manager that unless he wants to risk not having enough money to keep the lights on, or enough dough to keep feeding his kids that he should just give you back the money before you initiate court proceedings against himself, and the dealer. Then tell him about how you plan on spreading the word about this nasty little situation.. and ask him to think about all the customers he'll be losing from bad press...

check out what this guy did...

http://hondasucks.ca/
riceboy is offline   Reply With Quote